• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idomeep

Recruit
May 28, 2016
So I'd like to suggest some improvements for Gaeldom, and would welcome any input you guys have.

First off, actual ideas. Gaeldom currently uses a wash of custom ideas, rather than ones designed for a small country on the same island as England, which, if it some how managed to break free, doesn't have a guarantee from France. I don't know what tailored ideas to give them, but I'd be fine if they had the same ideas as Scotland.

Second off, rename Highlander. Although it would ruin my idea of an achievement for being a Highlander nation with Highland Mayan as an accepted culture, if cultural conversions are restoring the Gaelic culture to all of Scotland, perhaps it isn't Highlander anymore? I think right now the best option would be to just rename Highlander Gaelic, to fit with Gaeldom, though I have heard people wanting to rename Gaeldom again. So if it gets renamed to Alba, then Alban, or if it gets renamed to Caledonia, Caledonian.

The third is probably my most controversial idea. I would love for at the beginning of the game, for an event to fire that calls into question the focus of Scotland's culture. It would talk about the split between Highlands and Lowlands, and give the play 3 options:

- The Scots are a nation of tolerance: Lowers cultural acceptance threshold until endgame, to make it easier for Highlander to be an accepted culture

- We must adopt the customs of our Southern neighbors: Gives a cultural conversion boost to assimilate the Highlands.

-We must embrace our Gaelic heritage! : Changes the country to Gaeldom, culture in Lothian becomes Highlander.

Fourth and finally, it would be awesome if a Celtic colonial Canada's name was Albionoria, which means Albion of the North.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
In my mod, I've renamed Highlander to Scottish and (Lowland) Scottish to Scots. Might be a bit confusing in vanilla though. Also renamed Highland Scotland to Scotland in my mod.

In vanilla, renaming it to Alba sounds like a good idea - it's what historians refer to the kingdom before it adopted Scots as the main language.

Reactions: