Found One Solution to Horrible Load Times on Stellaris.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nighzmarquls

Second Lieutenant
48 Badges
Mar 27, 2014
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
So I recently had gotten a new SSD for my computer and reinstalled windows on it, and it worked really well. But Stellaris ever since Megacorp was giving me a thirty minute plus load time for no apparent reason I could see. I figured it was something up with the patch that was not playing nice with my hard drive but I dealt with it since we are in a pretty rough spot and other people have complained about really long load times for stellaris in earlier patches I figured it would get fixed later.

So as has become my pattern I would do other thingswhile trying to load stellaris and start up a movie on my machine while it does its thing in the background. This time I got a BSOD on something called driver verifier.

I investigated what could be causing this kind of thing and came across a few pretty good how too on resolving it. So I tried updating my drivers, most of them were fine, my firmware was a bit out of date though so I did that.

No major performance improvements load times are still awful. Whatever I decide to dig a bit deeper.

So I went and looked up how to disable the driver verifier. After doing so my PC boot time was lightning quick and now stellaris loads before I can even consider changing out to do something else.

So this is on an SSD which is creaming fast for these kinds of operations. I can only imagine what this situation would do to some one with a slower HD.

So if you are in the same boat as me try this out.

Huh, interesting. Sounds like something that should be ok to do, but *might* mess up your computer if it goes wrong? I dunno. Hope it helps people.
I'd suggest posting this - along with your computer and hardware specs - in bug reports; will probably help devs fix some of those hard-to-find hardware conflict issues.