Devs, what are the plans for Stellaris in 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe it is the British slight stumble. You know as in "I am not impressed" = "What a cock up".

Haha... sort of. The game isn't unplayable in its current form, at least not until late-game when it takes a second for a day to tick by and you're clicking through 100+ planets to figure out who needs to build what. I've taken a couple games now to that point, and then just set them aside for when the micromanagement and performance issues are fixed. Early and mid game are fine, IMHO.

And I'm sure a lot of people don't want to hear this, but unless you're playing it 24/7, you can step away for a bit and play something else. It'll still be here in a month or two and will have solid patches for the worst issues, I'm sure. (Except maybe the AI haha.)

That said, this is a really good game, and people can easily envision how it can be even better. We're a passionate playerbase who truly love this game, and we expect it to continue to be improved upon for years to come. It's intensely frustrating for a release to be a mixed bag like this one. But it's not the end of the world, and Paradox will fix it.

I've been gaming since the early 80s and have worked in software most of my life. I promise, this too shall pass. :p

I wouldn't hold my breath. After figuring out what a huge mess his predecessor left him I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel will take another 2 or 3 weeks to actually figure out how to go about the next couple of months. And although I know that the team will support him, I do not envy him...

As I predicted:
upload_2019-1-17_12-24-39.png

Update:
upload_2019-1-17_13-48-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-17_12-22-43.png
    upload_2019-1-17_12-22-43.png
    188,5 KB · Views: 56
  • upload_2019-1-17_13-48-4.png
    upload_2019-1-17_13-48-4.png
    11 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Planned was Diplomacy/Politics rework after Le Guin. When though I cannot say. And they announced a (long?) bug-fix-phase for 2.2, so yeah Diplomacy/Politics will have to wait a while; but officially it's next on their agenda, theoretically.

If you went into a cinema and the film didn't finish due to projector issues you would expect and get your money back.

If you went to watch a film and the film was out of focus for half the running time, you would expect your money back.

If you buy a game and it's bug ridden and almost unplayable then your supposed to cheer the Devs for being brave???

I would be happy to see only bugfixes and QoL improvements being done over the next 3-6-9 months with a minor content pack in between to keep people's attention and draw some cash to sustain the project.

There's no point adding any new expansions or fancy mechanics if all sorts of issues of various calibers across the board (including performance, AI and bad micro tools) won't let a player enjoy them.

I surely hope that fixing the game won't take them 6 months ... wow.

I mean heck, why not? I could see 3 months minimum to actually get just everything thats in the game right now fixed. Consider:

1. Bugs galore, obviously, and when they rush they break more stuff than they fix, the 2.2.4 beta being an incredible example of this
2. The highlight of the 2.2 release, the new pop and job system, has significant fundamental design flaws. As much potential as I see in it, a good portion of it needs to go back to the drawing board.
3. Ascension perks, empire types, megastructures, civics & governments, all have some pretty significant balance issues. Comparing Stellaris to a competitive game like a Moba, it would easily take 3 months just for your average studio to balance that mess competently.
4. Then there is the fact that the AI at the moment doesnt even know which end of the stick is the pointy bit. Wrestling that into line is a serious chore.

So yeah, I could definitely see 6 months just for actually baking 2.2 into a finished product.

Thats not whats going to happen, because the suits demand that they release more content for more moneah. But hopefully at least half the game will get fixed in the mean time.

If they have to throw paid content at me, and if I got to pick what it was, I'd want an upgrade to naval and army combat.