[Dev Team] Boulle update (1.9) Released [checksum a2c2]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, the day has arrived and we have released the 1.9 "Boulle" update. It is a small, targeted patch fixing a few issues aiming to leave the game in a stable state while we continue development on the much bigger changes coming with 2.0/Cherryh in 2018.

It accompanies the launch of the Humanoids Species Pack, which gives players a ton of new options for playing the most popular phenotype.

The 1.9 patch is free for all players and will update automatically provided you are opted out of any optional betas. Here's the details of what's in the Species Pack and the free patch:

#################################################################
########################## VERSION 1.9.0 ########################
#################################################################

########################
# Species Pack Features
########################

# Ship Appearance
- (HUMANOIDS) Added complete new Humanoid ship set.

# Portraits
- (HUMANOIDS) Added 10 new portraits to the Humanoid species class.

# City Appearance
- (HUMANOIDS) Added Humanoid city graphics.

# Prescripted Empires
- (HUMANOIDS) Added a new prescripted empire: "Voor Technocracy"

# Audio
- (HUMANOIDS) Added new 'Soldier' advisor voice set themed on the Commonwealth of Man
- (HUMANOIDS) Added new 'Diplomat' advisor voice set themed on the United Nations of Earth
- (HUMANOIDS) Added new 'Technocracy' advisor voice set themed on the Voor Technocracy
- (HUMANOIDS) Added 3 new song remixes.

#######################
# Bugfixes
#######################

- Hovering over a category in the Traditions screen now works correctly with non-default UI scaling
- Fixes text overflow in Governor description in Planet View, in low resolutions.
- Fixed Create Vassal button missing in low resolution.
- Fixed CTD that can happen during daily war updates.
- Fixed localisation error when declaring war on Awakened Empire.
- Fixed factions in Inwards Perfection empires referring to Diplomacy traditions when they mean Adaptability.
- Fixed minor break in Machine Uprising event chain.
- Fixed National Purity and Native Privilige agendas being available for fanatic xenophile empires.
- Fixed blurry egalitarian ethics icons when using low graphics quality.
- Fixed Machine Integrated species sometimes not respecting their Military Service species rights.
- Updated metadata for the music in Synthetic Dawn DLC to fix an incorrect track name.

We do not anticipate anything in 1.9 breaking saves from previous versions, but in case you encounter any strange issues and want to finish up a previous save:

Instructions on how to keep playing on older versions here.

Also, an issue with some UI windows (resettlement, anomalies) being blank or obscured was found. We will get a fix for this pushed live as soon as it can be confirmed safe. In the meantime the workaround is to click inside the affected window and drag it a few pixels in any direction, that will force redraw the contents and it'll work normally. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
There was a bug (and also an exploit) regarding the democratic empire mandates that appears to be not addressed on this patch:

1 - When you disband an already existing research/mining outpost using the upper button it counts as -1 in the event log (mandate), but when you disband it using the lower button it does not (see attached file).

I used this to get influence from mandates by only building and disbanding the same research outpost over and over using the lower button rather than the upper one (haven't tried it for mining outpost but I think its the same).
In the late game I think there should be some diversified mandate requirements because these are really not achievable without disbanding outposts before elections (which is kind of an exploit as well), first idea that comes to mind is building certain advanced buildings.

2 - When finishing miner/researcher mandates you always get the full 250 influence whether its early or late game, while in tool-tip it indicates an interval between 80 and something (150 or so?).

Thank you so much for the hard work you're putting into this awesome game. Keep it up guys!
Much love.

Attachments

• miningoutpost.png
    miningoutpost.png
    81,7 KB · Views: 522
Like the last few patches, the tooltip for the Machine Worlds ascension perk still says +15%, instead of the +25% it was changed to a while back. When terraformed, the correct bonus is applied.

I wish the artist team that created the Humanoid shipset had created models to support all the model layouts Stellaris has to offer. What I mean is you guys didn't make models for all the original model layouts, which makes things very difficult on modders who are trying to use all your original resources.

To clarify, for the Battleship sterns, the team who created the shipset ONLY made models for the L1 and M2 sterns, which works in vanilla, but for mods like NSC and a few others, who use the other two NOT supported model layouts (M1S2 and S4), this causes some issues with appearance of NSC ship classes. Now, NSC can reuse the two existing models, but given all the other shipsets support these layouts, it is rather frustrating that we cannot do the same for the new shipset, which aside from this is an excellent shipset.

I would like to request that the shipset be updated to support ALL layouts available in the asset files for the sake of modders who use the full resources of Stellaris you guys have created for us, even if you no longer do. Thank you.

So, for the few amongst us who would like to keep playing with multiple FTL methods - this will be the final version we are going to keep, right?

So, for the few amongst us who would like to keep playing with multiple FTL methods - this will be the final version we are going to keep, right?

If you don't like playing with mods, and the hyperlane slider doesn't do it for you. Otherwise, there are probably going to be possibilities.

I wish the artist team that created the Humanoid shipset had created models to support all the model layouts Stellaris has to offer. What I mean is you guys didn't make models for all the original model layouts, which makes things very difficult on modders who are trying to use all your original resources.

To clarify, for the Battleship sterns, the team who created the shipset ONLY made models for the L1 and M2 sterns, which works in vanilla, but for mods like NSC and a few others, who use the other two NOT supported model layouts (M1S2 and S4), this causes some issues with appearance of NSC ship classes. Now, NSC can reuse the two existing models, but given all the other shipsets support these layouts, it is rather frustrating that we cannot do the same for the new shipset, which aside from this is an excellent shipset.

I would like to request that the shipset be updated to support ALL layouts available in the asset files for the sake of modders who use the full resources of Stellaris you guys have created for us, even if you no longer do. Thank you.

My automated scout mod also uses the S1 corvette model, which they sadly did not include in this shipset.

Well, Paradox, you've done it. You've gone and made me purchase some cosmetic DLC.

I hope you're happy.

Anybody else noticing a strange bug with selecting anomiles on the galaxy map? Every time I select one it comes up with a blank window. Also it seem that the frontier outpost is using the incorrect model when finished being built

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed with those more human looking portraits... (dwarfs,gnomes,orc ect.) ONLY ONE HAIR STYLE REALLY !!!! Dwarfs have at least 20 too few beards!!!!

Resettlement graphics are bugged.

Might want to look at that guys.

Anybody else noticing a strange bug with selecting anomiles on the galaxy map? Every time I select one it comes up with a blank window. Also it seem that the frontier outpost is using the incorrect model when finished being built

It looks like there are a couple of graphical bugs in the update. Actually, Resettlement is worse than graphics - you actually cannot drag/drop pops from one world to another, at least as far as I can tell.

I'm very disappointed with those more human looking portraits... (dwarfs,gnomes,orc ect.) ONLY ONE HAIR STYLE REALLY !!!! Dwarfs have at least 20 too few beards!!!!

Well i am myselft disappointed with pretty much all humanoids portraits who are just lame and uninspired pretending that Stellaris is lord of the rings in space. I don't want this kind of thing in my game so i will not buy it.

A pity coz shipset and advisors are quite nice and soundtracks are wonderfull.

Last edited: