[Dev Team] Announcement about future patches

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all,

I just want to take a moment to try and clear up the speculation about our future patching plans. I said before that we are not done with patching 1.6, and that is still true. We will fix more of the reported issues and get them in to your hands before the next DLC.

I want to let our QA focus their resources on a single build at a time, so they've been on the experimental multiplayer beta in recent days. Split focus and multiple versions is a good way to introduce complexity and miss bugs. However, I will push a patch with more fixes in the next few weeks once QA resources to verify it are freed up again. As always our objective is a balance between quality and speed.

Rest assured you have not been ignored and we're going to get it to you when our resources allow.

Update it is good...
But i hope for at least small fix for terraforming problems, like resource changing on colonized worlds and ai trying terraform everything again and again.
And now it seems i must wait for month. In best scenario.

Still thanks for news update.

I can't tell you when, because I don't know yet, but something disastrous would have to happen for it to take a month. My aim is to get it to you all before the July slowdown here in Sweden.

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed to hear that the wait will continue for as long as "the next few weeks". It really is a shame you chose to prioritize the 1.7 beta over the main build, but I guess you do what you have to.

I want to let our QA focus their resources on a single build at a time, so they've been on the experimental multiplayer beta in recent days. Split focus and multiple versions is a good way to introduce complexity and miss bugs. However, I will push a patch with more fixes in the next few weeks once QA resources to verify it are freed up again. As always our objective is a balance between quality and speed.
It is as I keep saying: "And we would ahve gotten a patch for it if it was not for that meddling QA department!"

I can't tell you when, because I don't know yet, but something disastrous would have to happen for it to take a month. My aim is to get it to you all before the July slowdown here in Sweden.
I heard of a general Theory about using "certainty levels" instead of fixed release dates. of course with a Community that might not work. And I never really looked into it.

Hi all,

I just want to take a moment to try and clear up the speculation about our future patching plans. I said before that we are not done with patching 1.6, and that is still true. We will fix more of the reported issues and get them in to your hands before the next DLC.

Rest assured you have not been ignored and we're going to get it to you when our resources allow.
Oh man... What are ppl to complain about then :-( How serious do you take suggestions though?... Since I´ve been making quite a list that I´m planning to post in right forum...

Assuming that 1.6.2 does not add any content instead fix bugs, would it be possible to run a beta for 1.6.2 similar to the 1.6.1 beta? Well, maybe a bit longer then the 1.6.1 Beta, possibly with some iterations in there. ;)

(I know, it has been asked before, but here we have official confirmation that a 1.6.x patch is in the making ;) )

I would imaggine with complex constructs like the ingame mechanics and associated feedback loops it would help to see how a bugfix works "in the wild" before it gets released.

2 weeks - 1 month, thanks for the update, but nevertheless, it's time to wait (again) and it feels like the days before the release of V1.6.0 ...
Hopefully, this time, you're handling the game more carefully - (No sarcasm) - Good luck.

Last edited:
Well, I have to say I wish this patch was coming sooner now that we've already waited a few weeks in limbo, but I am glad to hear some news on where the process is at, at least. Thanks for communicating and letting us know.

That said, I think most of us would be happy with a beta branch or updating "nightly build" being pushed out that includes some of the current fixes if you can do that. Nobody running a beta is expecting perfection, but I understand if that would only complicate things further on your end.

Well, I have to say I wish this patch was coming sooner now that we've already waited a few weeks in limbo, but I am glad to hear some news on where the process is at, at least. Thanks for communicating and letting us know.

That said, I think most of us would be happy with a beta branch or updating "nightly build" being pushed out that includes some of the current fixes if you can do that. Nobody running a beta is expecting perfection, but I understand if that would only complicate things further on your end.
Actually it has not even been 2 weeks since 1.6.1 was released. But even for me it feels as if it was months. Something seems to warp perception of time in the last weeks. Or months? Seems like it has been going on since around february...

Thanks for the communication/update. Like others, would have hoped for something sooner than before July but at least we know it is on its way within the next 4 weeks.

Regarding the call between the Multiplayer QA and Bug correcting QA, I guess there were forces beyond your control since Multiplayer is actually going to affect all PDX games right ?

Thanks again.

Update it is good...
But i hope for at least small fix for terraforming problems, like resource changing on colonized worlds and ai trying terraform everything again and again.
And now it seems i must wait for month. In best scenario.

Still thanks for news update.

Yes, the terraforming bug is really annoying. I played as the Commonwealth of Man last night, and once I found Earth on the other side of the galaxy, the UNE AI had terraformed it into a tropical world.

Thank you for your communication ... very appreciated

But ...

From my side I can't understand why future patches (1.7.0) are more prioritized then an actual bugfix patch (1.6.2 etc.).... i know that some people think actual 1.6.1 is playable and fine .. but a lot dont think so including myself. Since the last "bugfix" i didnt touch the game and i will keep it that way .. really had the hope to see a bugfix sooner but okay ... so it be .. makes me very sad ... another month of waiting ... or only two weeks or less? or more? lost already confidence in statements about that

customers paid for a DLC and have a bugged not really playable (my personal opinion) version of the game and you are working on the next patch instead of bugfixes and talking about a next DLC .. feeling a little bit kidded in some way

just my 2 cents going through my head .. now i will shut down my mind about stellaris and try to forget it until a bugfix, because every time i think about it makes me in some way angry because i cant play the game and have fun

so long