• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Travin

Recruit
38 Badges
Apr 10, 2018
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Leviathan: Warships
Classic BattleTech Slots
============

A direct edit of all 63 original mech chassis to remove hardpoint restrictions.

Provided edits should allow any varient of classic mechs to be produced with the exception of arm removal and head mounted weapons.

Features
--------

- All 63 original mechs now have 4 hardpoints per weapon type, on each arm and torso.

Possible Conflics
----------------------------
- Any mod that modifies mech chassis will overwite these edits.

Installation
------------
- Download latest Classic BattleTech Slots release:
(Mod edit: no unapproved links, no Nexus, no Github)
- Alternative Download for Classic BattleTech Slots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddmqzpbj9yyggno/AAAz4RvHCttsyktGt8mwMVq4a?dl=0
- Suggest backing up the contents of (.\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\chassis)
- Unzip the contents into your BATTLETECH folder: (.\BATTLETECH)

## v1.0.0 for Battletech 1.0.0
- 2018-04-30

### Changes since the last release
* Inital Release
* Original 63 Chassis edited to produce four hardpoints for each weapon type on each arm and torso.
* Leg hardpoints retained to ensure compatability with end-game mechs.

Last edited:
Uh sorry but what did you Mod? I'm cross checking with the Original Template for Learning Issues so i can create my own Mechs for myself but so far i dont see any Difference o_O

Edit: Found it. Aaaah the Bliss of Enlightment XD

So just theoretically speaking i could grab the Template, Copy it and create whole new Mechs with References from the already existing Chassis Files....like Copying the Shadowhawk-SH and mod it into a full Laser Setup.

Wait. You just added all four hardpoints to all chassis? Did you check whether there are art/ 3D model assets to support all the hardpoints?
Well... It's not like all of the mechs have hardpoints with appropriate assets for them, like the Cicada-3C has leg mounted support hardpoints (and 4 ballistic hardpoints in the torsos with no physical ability to fill them, because tonnage is a thing)

Well... It's not like all of the mechs have hardpoints with appropriate assets for them, like the Cicada-3C has leg mounted support hardpoints (and 4 ballistic hardpoints in the torsos with no physical ability to fill them, because tonnage is a thing)
The 4 B hardpoints on the Cicada was because MGs were considered Ballistics in MWO, and potentially the art asset loading sorts of need it.

I'm not sure how the game engine will run if you load a weapon into a chassis with no art asset for it. I guess we're about to find out.

The 4 B hardpoints on the Cicada was because MGs were considered Ballistics in MWO, and potentially the art asset loading sorts of need it.

I'm not sure how the game engine will run if you load a weapon into a chassis with no art asset for it. I guess we're about to find out.

Firing from Space? Missiles flying out of the Chassis with no Launcher be seen? I don't think the Game will crash because the Art Assets won't match. Will look strange but that should be all.

On a Side Note how did you get that Kurita Avatar? Don't see any BT Avatars =(

Yeah sure, i get that, but Machine guns here are "Support" weapons and should be using "Support" hardpoints.

The Ballistic hardpoints are completely unusable on it, because of tonnage restrictions (even with stripping all of the armor, you cannot fill all of the ballistic hardpoints, heck, probably not even half of them)

Firing from Space? Missiles flying out of the Chassis with no Launcher be seen? I don't think the Game will crash because the Art Assets won't match. Will look strange but that should be all.

On a Side Note how did you get that Kurita Avatar? Don't see any BT Avatars =(
Iirc in beta when I did that, the game threw exceptions and no damage was applied. Didn’t crash but I won’t know the limits.

Hi all, the game engine doesn't care about weapon placement when considering art. The effect is barely noticeable during the chaos of battle. Outside of that, the are no performance issues and the weapons do deal damage as expected.

Hi all, the game engine doesn't care about weapon placement when considering art. The effect is barely noticeable during the chaos of battle. Outside of that, the are no performance issues and the weapons do deal damage as expected.

What about adding whole new Mechs? Like i copy the Shadowhawk_SHD-2H Json and mod it into a Laser House renaming it Shadowhawk_SHD-2L.

What about adding whole new Mechs? Like i copy the Shadowhawk_SHD-2H Json and mod it into a Laser House renaming it Shadowhawk_SHD-2L.

The mechs found in .\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\mech are just hardpoint mountings to establish "flavors" of different chassis. Once you add a new variant, it also needs to be added to the VersionManifest.csv or the game will not load the new file.

As a note: If you want to produce a completely new type of mech, you would need to include a new chassis as well.