• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Azurespecter

Influencer Manager
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
School is almost in session! Our newest expansion, Campus, is releasing on Xbox One and PS4 tomorrow! It will release throughout the day based on platform and region, more information is listed below:

Campus - $12.99 / €12.99
New campus area tool, varsity sports, school prestige, and much, much more!​

Content Creator Pack: University City - $4.99 / €4.99
Content Creator Pack: University City DLC includes 70 new low-density residential and
commercial buildings. Made by community creator: KingLeno
Radio Station Pack 3 - $7.99 / €7.99

RELEASE TIMES
  • Sony Europe - 10AM CEST
  • Sony America - 1AM PDT
  • Sony Japan - 12AM JST (Sep 25th)
  • Sony Asia - 5PM JST (Sep 25th)
  • Microsoft Xbox - 10AM CEST / 1AM PDT
SONY EUROPE

SONY AMERICA

SONY JAPAN

XBOX ONE

WIN 10

PATCH NOTES

Base Game Patch
  • Re-balance of Education mechanic:
    • Citizens need to go through each education level at the right age Elementary schools provide education for uneducated children. Graduates obtain Educated level. High Schools provide education for educated teenagers. Graduates obtain Well Educated level. Universities provide education for well educated young adults. Graduates obtain Highly Educated level.
  • Added support for Campus, Content Creator Pack University City and Radio Station
  • Pack 3 DLC
  • Added Public Library and Academic Library Unique Building
  • Bus line customization with new Yellow School bus model
  • Job titles for citizens
  • Industry 4.0 city wide policy
  • Added Wonder Effect Toggle for Hadron Collider. Players can toggle University
  • education out from the Hadron Collider.
Natural Disasters Expansion:
  • Added setting to disable fire spreading in gameplay options
Console changes:
  • Fixed tooltips sometimes shrinking excessively
  • Fixed crashes when relocating new Industries buildings
  • Minor bug fixes
  • Performance and memory improvements
Other changes:
  • Fixed tooltips shrinking their width so that tips end up tall and narrow.
  • Paradox Account button on the Main Menu shows a green tick when the user is signed-in.
  • Added News Feed
Campus DLC
  • Campus Area Tool
  • Campus Area levels
  • 3 Campus Area types and new buildings for each
  • Trade School Liberal Arts College
  • University Varsity Sport mechanic
  • 5 Varsity Sport Arenas
    • Aquatics Center
    • Basketball Arena
    • Track and Field Stadium
    • Baseball Park
    • American Football Stadium
  • 9 Unique faculties
  • 7 Varsity sport Mascots
  • New campus citizen models
  • Exchange students
  • School events: Graduation Ceremony, Toga Party
  • 5 New maps:
    • Murky Coast
    • Wolf Creek
    • Northwood Hills
    • Marin Bay
    • Roslyn Peninsula
  • More Chirps
  • 2 New City-wide policies
  • 4 New Campus policies
  • 3 Varsity Sports policies
  • 3 New Chirper hats
  • 7 New Steam achievements

Radio Station Pack 3 DLC
Campus Radio contains the following 16 music tracks:
Deep Focus Radio contains the following 16 music tracks:

XP - Known issues report for the release
  • Elements of Short Radio Mast stay visible while the rest of it disappears after zooming out the camera. Moving the camera away from Short Radio Mast causes most of it to disappear due to reducing the level of displayed details at long distances, but some of its elements are still visible, causing them to look like they are hovering in the air. This issue does not occur with Tall Radio Masts.
    • [Will be investigated for the next update].

Thank you so much!!! Please note that this doesn't mention season pass 3... I love the DLCs and I just hope dearly that this isn't the last one.

Can we get further clarification on if it's included with a DLC pack? I'll be requesting a refund on my mayor's edition purchase if it's not as the discription for the mayor's pack clearly states that it includes everything to come in 2019?!?!

Can we get further clarification on if it's included with a DLC pack? I'll be requesting a refund on my mayor's edition purchase if it's not as the discription for the mayor's pack clearly states that it includes everything to come in 2019?!?!
I'm not sure what the "mayors pack" is, but Campus is certainly not included in either of the Season Passes.

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP4139-CUSA06407_00-CSPREMIUMEDI2019
In total, you’ll get the Cities: Skylines base game, plus three major expansions (Green Cities, Parklife and Industries), the European Suburbia content pack, and three radio stations (Country Road Radio, All That Jazz and Synthetic Dawn Radio).

Can I ask where you see anything that says otherwise?

mayor's edition says this:

Along with the base game, this bundle features some of the game’s most popular content add-ons, including all the content from Season Pass 1, and everything to come throughout 2019 with Season Pass 2.

I'm not sure what the "mayors pack" is
Maybe you'd want to change you title to 'Paradox PC Support Rep'?

Along with the base game, this bundle features some of the game’s most popular content add-ons, including all the content from Season Pass 1, and everything to come throughout 2019 with Season Pass 2.

It seems Paradox made a(nother) small mistake with this one then; Maybe they didn't plan on releasing the DLC in 2019.

An uninformed customer buying this edition would be right to assume that the Campus DLC is part of the 2019 season pass, included in the mayor's edition

An uninformed customer buying this edition would be wrong to assume that the Campus DLC is part of the 2019 season pass, included in the mayor's edition
only if they lack the ability to comprehend basic English sentences.

PlayStation sold a mayor's version that's supposed to include all content in 2019. I took a screenshot of it, but this is what it says. Also it wont let me post a URL...

I'm not sure what the "mayors pack" is, but Campus is certainly not included in either of the Season Passes.

Can I ask where you see anything that says otherwise?

I've just checked the Swedish version of the store and nowhere does it say "all content from 2019 is included" (or similar). If you could take a screenshot of what you're seeing and add that I'd appreciate it. Links can only be posted by accounts with more than 5 posts (to combat spam bots).

Exactly -"everything to come throughout 2019 with Season Pass 2". As is clear in the direct quote my post above Campus does not come with Season Pass 2.

Exactly -"everything to come throughout 2019 with Season Pass 2". As is clear in the direct quote my post above Campus does not come with Season Pass 2.

A normal person with no prior knowledge about what is included in the season passes, will assume that everything coming out in 2019 is included in season pass 2.

This is not about you being right, or if this is technically correct.

This is about Paradox creating a description that can be misleading to uniformed, normal people.

Most people do not have the 'mind of a programmer'. People will read this in the wrong way.

That is why they are upset. You should check the comments people made on the Xbox announcement.

People feel like they have been screwed by Paradox.

I think you should focus on their feeling of disappointment. Not on the fact that you are technically correct.

only if they lack the ability to comprehend basic English sentences.
There is no reason to assume that a person from Germany, The Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy (etc. etc.) won't read the sentence in a way that they will get "everything to come throughout 2019", and that all of that is included in the Season Pass 2.

-edit-

I've checked a number of different store pages about this "Mayor's edition";
In some of the languages, the sentence is very clear, in other languages it has more room for interpretation.

The starting slogan: "You CAN have it all!" isn't really helping...

To summarize:
I would suggest that Paradox has a small brainstorming session, to think of a way how they can turn their disappointed customers into satisfied customers.
Usually a small gesture is enough to make people forgive and forget about a misunderstanding...
You could create a small fun free DLC pack, or give everyone with the Season Pass 2 a small discount on the Campus DLC?

Happy returning customers are worth a lot more than the net loss of a 25% discount...

Last edited: