• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bobucles

Captain
Jun 29, 2018
Anyone else feel like this guy sucked? Without getting into too many spoilers he has the wrong skills and the wrong mech for the mission. His partner is only slightly better, but not by much. Both of these guys were a complete drag. They couldn't shoot, they couldn't tank, and their crowning achievement was watching my guys pull twice their weight because I was two mechs short. To top it off my guys were all talking about how "badass" he was, which is only true if you shove an "and" between it.

Give Morgan Kell some love. NPC allies in general could use some love because breaching shot is not the amazing skill that everyone should have. It is in fact quite situational and those situations include "can shoot more than one gun per turn".

When I'm stuck with a fixed mech loadout I should be saying "Yeah, this will be cool" not "Oh no, he's an idiot".

Upvote 0
If anyone should be 10/10/10/10, it's Morgan Kell.

If anyone should be 10/10/10/10, it's Morgan Kell.
I'd take that a step further... 10's may be the reasonable limit for MechWarriors of the Rimward Periphery, but Morgan Kell should be Beyond 10's. I'd like to see the Glass Ceiling of 10's shattered.

At least make him 8/7/9/9, and if he’s going to show up in an Orion-K you can build one to almost exactly duplicate (except weapon placement) the stock Archer.

Considering the environment he’d probably be better off in a stock Cataphract or Griffin- his mech is too hot to fire both PPCs most of the time and more evasion would help him out in the lunar environment.

I was honestly expecting to see an 11 or 12 for piloting skill (even if it had no effect, would have been funny) - I know he's a bit rusty after his time in the monastery, but... it was kind of sad that both my lance members had higher stats.

Just for other frames of reference - two NPCs from the campaign
Kamea 9/6/9/6
Victoria 10/10/8/5

Also, Kamea and Mastiff have a few too many pilot abilities to be "normal" pilots we could replicate on out own. Kell and other notably great pilots could also triple/quad stack abilities as needed.

MorganKell.png

But seriously - doesn't that stat line look cool :D

But seriously - doesn't that stat line look cool
We can do better. We have the technology. First off:

pilots.png

We're going to cheat a little. Because he's a legend. So let's make him feel like a legend. Let's inspect his lackey:

morgan lackey.jpg

Nothing spectacular but he's got a good amount of kick and he's MOON READY. Because when we advertise a mercenary company as legends we don't give them laser vomit on moons. Then the big boy himself:

morgan kell.jpg

Built for moon and ready to unleash hell.

The overall tonnage stays about the same. The lackey gets to see roughly twice the sustained damage and stays out of the spotlight as lackeys should be. Morgan Kell's Banshee is a complete krumper that deals SIX times more sustainable damage than what he could do before. It may not be the smartest mech but it definitely is the right mech for delivering his message.

While I like that - I went a little more classic :D Click the link to go to the Mods thread for a modified Morgan and his new ride (courtesy of @bloodydoves )

Give Them Kell!!!