Age of Wonders: Planetfall release issues collection thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Hello everyone!

In an attempt to help you all with eventual issues now just after release we would like to collect as much info in one place as possible. Please feel free to post in the comments here and we will fill up this thread with answers. If you are encountering other errors feel free to post in our bug forum.

Troubles with setting your language preference

Make sure to go to the game section in the launcher or the in-game menu.
On Xbox the game will start in the language of your set region .

Dowser.exe problems, game not launching

We made a fix for people having the 'missing executable' issue, playing from: Latin America, Russia, CIS, Korea.

To resolve the issue, please:
  1. Shut down and restart the steam client.
  2. You should get an update.If not, please verify files.
That should fix the issue.

XBOX Live Issues
We are very sorry for the issues this has caused Xbox-players, but it should work now. If problems keep existing please try restart your console.

bootstrapper-v2.exe not found
Some users are reporting that the bootstrapper-v2.exe is not found, or that their antivirus program is reporting it is infected with a virus.
Workaround: Users should restore the files from their antivirus’s quarantine interface and add it to the whitelist.
May also go away over time when virusscanners start trusting the file

Steam Error: Application load error 3:0000065432
Verify integrity of install / temporarily disable virusscanner might solve this issues. It is pretty general though so hard to nail down 100%. Please give us more info if this workaround is not working for you.

"Can't save settings file"
We are looking for a fix for this, so we know about it.

Exit status 1603 issues
This error is a generic one, restart your computer and restart steam should solve this. Otherwise please tell us down here.

Please report to us if you have more issues and we will update this thread as we go!

For "Exit status 1603"

I restarted, rebooted, and reinstalled. I installed the paradox launcher myself and it did not help. It keeps trying to install the Paradox Launcher and fails. I bought the game on GOG.

Hello everyone!

In an attempt to help you all with eventual issues now just after release we would like to collect as much info in one place as possible. Please feel free to post in the comments here and we will fill up this thread with answers. If you are encountering other errors feel free to post in our bug forum.

bootstrapper-v2.exe not found
Some users are reporting that the bootstrapper-v2.exe is not found, or that their antivirus program is reporting it is infected with a virus.
Workaround: Users should restore the files from their antivirus’s quarantine interface and add it to the whitelist.
May also go away over time when virusscanners start trusting the file

I've removed every antivirus in my system and reinstalled and it still gives me a bootstrapper error. :/

For those coming to this thread and not finding a solution to their problem; these are issues that are being worked on.

A "dirty" work around for any launcher issues is to currently start the game through it's installation folder by starting AowPF.exe manually there. We hope to have proper fixes for any remaining issues soon.

Please keep posting about them on these forums so we can get additional information.

When I launch the game (before launcher)

"
General Error

Initializing game container failed: Loading config launcher-settings.json failed: Unexpected token ] in JSON at position 1541"

Please help

EDIT: Nevermind if you have this you have to verify the cache on Steam.

Last edited:
Hi, I bought the Premium Edition as a pre-purchase earlier this year. Thing is, i can't find a way to install it. 2 copies of the game is shown on my Games page on accounts.paradoxplaza.com but the "Manage" button only results in a blank tab with no information. No way to download as far as I can tell. No code to redeem on Steam, nothing. The game doesn't appear on my Steam client either. Is this some known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Edit:
Turns out the Activation Key was in my spam folder, as with others.
Still a bit weird that the e-mail is the only way to acquire the code, it should show on my Accounts page. Oh well.

Last edited:
Im getting a graphical error where the mountains and ruined cities are gray blocks with no textures. It doesnt prevent normal gameplay but it is quite the eyesore. I have verified the local game files, restarted my computer, updated the graphics drivers. Nothing seems to fix this. I'm running an EVGA Geforce RTX 2060

Attachments

• 20190810143548_1.jpg
    20190810143548_1.jpg
    596,1 KB · Views: 68
Okay, I saw a few people on steam with my same issue, I just found that my render scale had for some reason been set to 99% instead of 100%. Putting it back to 100% fixed it. Others complaining about this problem may also have accidently set their render scale below100%

upload_2019-8-22_23-9-10.png

Hello, apologies if i'm doing this wrong.

But has anyone come across the above when attempting to run the program through steam.

Error seems to lie with the launcher. As the executable in the install files location runs the game.

All exceptions in place for my Anti-Virus and running from an admin account.

Please help?

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-22_23-8-35.png
    upload_2019-8-22_23-8-35.png
    73,1 KB · Views: 43
first launch setup wouldnt get started, For hours. So i deleted the game. Redownloaded it. Nothing. Restrted the computer. Nothing. Still once more waiting for over an hour. Came here to log in and complain... and next thing i see after logging in and looking up the forum, the play game thingy popped up.
That was 3 hours ago.
Psynumbran diplomatic kirko had a lil war with the spacers. Made peace and figured i can run missions and buy all the stuff from them. Including "sorry this my land now" routine. Still confused but working thru it.. there evidently is some magic metal essential for making death-eye kirko.. no idea how to grow those supplies. Money was a problem at some point too. Mostly just got one stack sweeping stuff away. Now at round 60 another weak stack. And no real enemes so far either.
Not quite like aow