• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ezumiyr

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Jul 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
A long time ago (one year?) there was a thread posted by Patrinia Villosa, about a manga-esque portrait pack, that looked very good (even for non-manga adepts like me), with things like that:
1427564140797.jpg

or this:
2109FE3C554726CC2DFFD8

First problem: I can't find the thread on the Paradox forums (I guess it was somehow deleted ?).
Second problem: it seems there is a working version of that mod for 2.3.4 . At least it's what written on a korean blog (called "Magical Night"), on a thread whose title is "크루세이더 킹즈 2 초상화 (포트레잇) - ppp 모드 소개", that is: CK2 portraits - PPP (= patricia's portraits pack ?) mod presentation), 2015/05/04.

It was posted on a korean website called "Daum Café". With my little knowledge of Korean I managed to create an account, but it seems that I need to join some group if I want to download the mod (if it's still there) and unfortunately I don't understand how to do that.

If a good soul could help me with this, or has news about Patrinia Villosa, I would be very grateful.

Reactions:
Eww, I don't think these look very good at all. They are featureless. Their faces are all flat with just the eyes and then a few tiny lines for mouth, nose, and eyebrows. All devoid of character. Just different skin colors. Like a bunch of clones, or toys.

Edit: Hell, one girls eyes are just a couple of dots.

Reactions:
Eww, I don't think these look very good at all. They are featureless. Their faces are all flat with just the eyes and then a few tiny lines for mouth, nose, and eyebrows. All devoid of character. Just different skin colors. Like a bunch of clones, or toys.

aVQqvy2_460sa_v1.gif

Reactions:
Joining groups on Daum generally requires a Korean SSN or Alien Registration Number. If you're not a Korean citizen/resident or know someone who is, you are likely out of luck, I'm afraid.

Reactions:
I got an AR number I could lend you mine if you want. I´m also interested about those portraits for modding purposes.

EDIT: Jesu the process to confirm your ID is crazy. Sorry I'll wait until Monday and ask a friend to help me do it. Again sorry. I'll bump this thread once I have the files.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Well, It's true that they look like each other, but what I find interesting is that edit them or adding new portraits in the same style is a lot easier than with the currently pseudo-realistic portraits. Especially if I want to add more fantasy portraits, like sharkmen or fauns. They are minimalistic and coherent, that's why I like them.

Joining groups on Daum generally requires a Korean SSN or Alien Registration Number. If you're not a Korean citizen/resident or know someone who is, you are likely out of luck, I'm afraid.
Oh. It's gonna be hard then. Thanks for the info !

I got an AR number I could lend you mine if you want. I´m also interested about those portraits for modding purposes.

EDIT: Jesu the process to confirm your ID is crazy. Sorry I'll wait until Monday and ask a friend to help me do it. Again sorry. I'll bump this thread once I have the files.
Thanks !

O.K. here is the file

SORRY for the long wait. I finally convinced some girl to do it for me after some knowing looks. Next I really want CK2 in Hangol but I'll wait for that.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=08134393815668510316

EDIT: it also works on the most recent CK2.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I type passable Korean (speak like an 8 year old) do you want me to get in touch with the creator? I'm thinking

1) can we use your mod as a collaboration?
2) 안녕하세요! from Paradox plaza.

Yes it would be immensly helpful if you could ask the following.
1. Post the mod themselves in their thread
2. Check the forum so I can send them my own message
3. Ask if I can make one or two submods using their content with full credit to them
4. If they've abandoned the mod allow me to keep and pass on upkeep on it until they return

Reactions: