• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
CK2_reapers_due.png

Developers Detail The Black Death in Crusader Kings 2: The Reaper’s Due

Pre-orders Now Available at the Paradox Store

STOCKHOLM - August 22, 2016 - Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today announced that death can come early for those eager for new ways to die in Crusader Kings 2 as pre-orders for The Reaper’s Due are now available on the Paradox Store. Featuring new disease and medicine mechanics and a whole host of deadly new challenges for players’ in-game nobles, The Reaper’s Due will be available on Windows, Mac and Linux PCs on August 25, 2016.

For those eager to know why they should fear the reaper in the upcoming expansion, Game Director Henrik Fåhraeus details what kind of grisly demises you can expect from horrendous world events such as the Black Plague in this video developer diary:

Those who duly wish to pre-purchase Crusader Kings 2: The Reaper’s Due before it’s due for release can pre-order on the Paradox Store right now:
Go to store

Reactions:
Not sure Pre-ordering is a good idea after the last two games I Pre-order from you guys. Grant it, this is an expansion pack, and not new game. I wish the best luck to you guys.

Reactions:
Horrible sounds of people being tortured in most gruesome ways....and he's laughing.

Dark.

Welcome to our lovely community! :D

Reactions:
Paradox really like their references. I could see two in this video alone.

Paradox really like their references. I could see two in this video alone.

The whole game is riddled with them, from Monty Python jokes, to Star Wars and Lovecraft, although my favourite has got to be the tabletop game you can play when you take up the war focus.

no real reason to pre order an expansion either

Apart from the fact that it works out slightly cheaper if you do, I mean, I knew straight from that bat I was getting the expansion, so might aswell pre-order it.

Reactions:
Why is it slightly cheaper?

Reapers Due is £7.49 and the content pack is £3.99, you get the collection and it only comes to £10, whereas you'd have to spend £11.48 for both separately. I doubt they will be selling the collection on steam and I bet the content pack goes up a pound when it hits steam, but that's just speculation on my behalf, but it's looking like I've saved at least a pound so far.

Reactions:
Reapers Due is £7.49 and the content pack is £3.99, you get the collection and it only comes to £10, whereas you'd have to spend £11.48 for both separately. I doubt they will be selling the collection on steam and I bet the content pack goes up a pound when it hits steam, but that's just speculation on my behalf, but it's looking like I've saved at least a pound so far.
Did the other collections go up after release?

I don't believe they've ever sold collections on steam, and I've never checked if they've gone up after the event.

They did with Art of War ( EU4) and Common Sense (EU4)

Reactions:
Getting the vibe Henrik might be mildly terrified of the sound guy now.

Also, I'm hoping that bit about "we know that's not possible now, but back then they thought it might be" wrt immortality doesn't mean it's different rulers just passing a mask around cuz I was looking forward to actual, fantastical immortality.

Reactions:
Less than ten dollars... comes out in three days... been hyped since it was called <secret dlc>...

My body is ready.

Reactions:
Really nice info. The Black Death (a groundbreaking event for global History) never looked so fearsome, in any game ever I might say.