• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(214394)

Private
3 Badges
Jul 7, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Greetings,

I am a fan of Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher series and the CD Projekt RED games.

Given the dark feudal nature of the Witcher world, and the success of the AGOT and TEK mods, I think there will be interest in a CK2 Witcher mod.

The intent of this thread is to canvas the modding community to see if there are modders willing to dogpile on this concept.

My own modding skills are rudimentary at best, so I don't really count.

Of key note: An excellent map has been previously created by PiemasterXL and meneth. Some coat of arms are also obtainable through the witcher wikia. Please see http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?617746-MOD-Intrigues-of-the-North. for details on the map.

The witcher world is multiraced and fantastical like the elder scrolls, but is far, far darker; and to me, more immersive. The machinations of the rulers are fickle, devious, and very much feudal.

Is anyone interested?

Mousetrap

I am willing to help but I would like to let people know the map I was working on still has much to be done, I was tweaking the water levels and terrain types a lot because I was not satisfied yet, here are some screens of the furthest I went with it: http://imgur.com/a/E6JCv

As you can see its still very rudimentary and the forests, terrain types and height maps are no where near a quality that would do the witcher world justice.

I would suggest going to the ckII irc channel, many there are modders such as meneth and proved very helpful.

I would really be interested in such a mod, because i think it has as much potential as AGOT in it's grim medieval tone and rich fantasy world.

There is another effort going towards the witcher CK2 mod, mainly progressing here:
-removed external link-
I think that it would be optimal to try to join the forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wanting this aswell, actually I was thinking of making one myself, but I lack the commitment. I'd definitely try and help with the very limited skills I have to anyone who does try

Wow there really is some interest! Very cool! I am working on such a thing for a couple of months. Any help would be appreciated. Just head over to steam and search for the group "WitcherKings".
I could post a runnable (and already kinda fun) build here but I might anger other modders who's COAs I am using in place of original ones. I have to ask for permissions to those things first. Everyone who's interested can get the link per PM.

I haven't made a thread myself as I wanted to have something to show to stir up more interest. Piemaster's old thread just died down way too fast.

Any help would be very much appreciated. At the moment I am working on filling the map with counties and characters. I am planning to eventually have 250 playable years (but not for a first release). If someone has good original ideas for religions and cultures I'll be happy to incorporate them. There are many areas of the Witcher world about which not much is known.

Actual unique gameplay elements are currently missing from my mod. I have ideas for Witchers but I haven't implemented any of them yet. Dryads are in game but rather basic (not fun to play). Dwarves and Elves are pretty much missing entirely.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Here's a screenshot in de jure kingdoms mode:
dejurekingdoms.jpg

Last edited: