Victoria 3: Patch 1.2.7 is now LIVE! Checksum [fa6c] (not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Top of the morning to you Victorians!

We just released patch 1.2.7 to address some issues in the current build of Victoria 3. Please do not use this thread to report any new issues you discover - but rather file any bugreports in the bug reporting forum, thank you!

- Fixed buildings getting blocked from hiring if the first hired Pop is a Capitalist/Aristocrat.
- Fixed the war panel not opening when clicking the pending peace deal alert.
- Fixed heirs being bald.
- Fixed paused constructions showing a wildly incorrect estimated weeks to completion.
- Fixed a bug where bankroll could be autocancelled without removing expenses.
- Fixed AI countries sometimes repeatedly adding and removing the same IG from government.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Germany to always have the black-yellow-red flag when formed from the North German Confederation.
- Fixed battles where a very small armies could hold off a much larger opposing force for weeks.
- Fixed a CTD in CConstructionQueue::CalcNumUnderConstruction.

Previous Changelogs:
1.2 Changelog

• 60Like
  • 14Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
- Fixed battles where a very small armies could hold off a much larger opposing force for weeks.
Previous Changelogs:
1.2 Changelog
Can you explain what was causing that one? I found extremely amusing that I could Thermopilae anyone with the small single army I mobilized while I left everyone else to mobilize after the war started.

Reactions:
Also, the one thing right now bothering me is that the game stops to a crawl by 1880-1890and it just gets slower…
It makes me very wary of trying to play a full campaign.

I had recently won an impossible battle against a much larger force with 67 heroes that refused to die. Most epic last stand I had ever seen. They should know that their memory will be sung for a century.

• 3Love
Reactions:
It's bothering me that quality went down rather badly in recently released material. If it's beta or release candidate, label it as such.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does it mean that we could finally see loc: German Empire being available?
Still not available. I don't know if it's my own problem or universal. Maybe I should check it again before sending it to bug report...

Can you explain what was causing that one? I found extremely amusing that I could Thermopilae anyone with the small single army I mobilized while I left everyone else to mobilize after the war started.
It was actually a confluence of obscure bugs, some which aggravated it by making it occur too often, but the underlying issue was a combination of:

- combat width, i.e. the numeric advantage the larger size can effectively leverage over the smaller in every round of combat, ensures that casualty numbers are reduced as the battle progresses, which is technically working as designed but feels extremely strange when one side has very few soldiers remaining (e.g. 23 men vs 10k only resulting in a couple of casualties for the smaller side each tick)
- in some cases, when those 23 men were spread out over multiple units or units represented by pops of several different cultures, the casualties taken per-pop became so small they became 0 due to rounding errors, letting those units fight forever

There is now a define that sets the an effective minimum force, and some bugfixes to go along with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: