Paradox Node Editor - Visual Application for Editing Missions/Focustrees

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DKstranger

Corporal
2 Badges
Aug 27, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
paradox_node_editor_Complete.PNG

Image01.PNG
Heart of Iron 4 Support in version 1.1.0!
paradox_node_editor_4.PNG

Paradox Node Editor is a desktop application created to assist and ease the development of EU4 and HOI4 mods. Working on my mod: Lord of Universalis I found it tedious to work with mission trees (especially large ones), without any visual representation outside the one inside the game. This led to me opening and closing of EU4 many times during development just to view my mission tree changes, and each time taking as close to 5 minutes to load the game and start each time. This application offers the following features:

• Now Supports: EU4 Missions, HOI4 Focus Trees
  • Create, Import and Export: Mission(EU4), Focustree(HOI4) Files
  • Visual Graph editor which lets you move and connect missions/focuses together.
  • Create Missions/Focus and Mission Series/Focus tree and edit all their variables.
  • Assign a Color to a Mission Series/Focus to easily identify them.
  • Checks and warnings if using same mission/focus names.
  • Workspaces that can remember your exported files and will load them on start of the application.
  • Check for Updates for Paradox Node Editor, Download and install them with ease through the application.
  • Light and Dark Mode
Current Version: 1.1.1
Release Date: 06 December 2021
Last Update: 16 May 2022

Windows Download Link:

https://github.com/ThePrograminator/Eu4MissionEditorDesktop/releases

Installation Guide:
  • Choose the Latest release version on the github release page.
  • Download the Paradox-Mission-Editor-Setup-x.x.x.exe (the x are version number).
  • Run the Setup process.
As with using any 3rd Party tools, backing your files up is crucial. I won’t guarantee that your mission/focus file is always exported correctly, and therefore I don’t recommend only working with one version of your mission/focus file.

Few notes on Importing and Exporting:
  • As of now comments are not imported and will therefore not be exported.
  • If your mission/focus file cannot be imported, it can be caused by formatting issues. I recommend using inline brackets as this has the highest chance of being imported correctly.

The Application was created using a Javascript Framework called Electron together with a Frontend Framework called ‘Create React App’. The Application does not use or require internet connection, aside from checking and downloading updates. Checkout the Github Page: https://github.com/ThePrograminator/Eu4MissionEditorDesktop

Please consider supporting this project by getting involved on the EU4 Forum or on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/ParadoxNodeEditor

The Application is called Paradox Node Editor because I want to leave it open to also include other Paradox Games into the editor(EU4, HOI4 Support as of now). Let me know if this would be interesting to you, and I will consider it. A road map is on it's way. Hope you find the tool useful!

Author:

This Application was created by DKStranger, creator of the EU4 Mod Lord of Universalis

Attachments

• paradox_node_editor_4.PNG
    paradox_node_editor_4.PNG
    255,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 16Like
Reactions:
Overall great, but there are two things I can't get to work or don't understand.

Why is a series necessary? It's pretty complicated when there are two different missions enabled by the same mission, because they have to be in different series then

I also can't get required missions to work, since I can't type in which missions are required. Or do I mark them another way? Thanks

Overall great, but there are two things I can't get to work or don't understand.

Why is a series necessary? It's pretty complicated when there are two different missions enabled by the same mission, because they have to be in different series then

I also can't get required missions to work, since I can't type in which missions are required. Or do I mark them another way? Thanks
So from a modding perspective a mission has to be under a Series, that is just how the coding for EU4 missions work. A series you can think of as 'columns' and the missions are 'rows' in a grid like excel. So in theory you could just have a series for each column which would default be 5, and then just place missions acording to the appropriate coloumn. A series can have any number of missions.

And having a mission be required from missions with a different series doesn't affect anything and is totally doable.

For your second issue, a mission's requirements are automatically filled when you connect them via the lines you can make between missions. To do this you click on a circle of a mission and drag the line to another mission below it, this should great a line and also a requirement.

Sorry for the late reply and i hope this helps you

Last edited:
Code:
byzantium_one = {
    slot = 1
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_two = {
    slot = 2
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_three = {
    slot = 3
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_four = {
    slot = 4
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_five = {
    slot = 5
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

That is what is exported

Code:
byzantium_one = {
    slot = 1
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_two = {
    slot = 2
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_three = {
    slot = 3
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_four = {
    slot = 4
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

byzantium_five = {
    slot = 5
    generic = no
    ai = yes
    potential = {
        tag = BYZ
    }

}

That is what is exported
Did you import a file or did you just create a new one from the application?

I could replicate the issue on my end. I have pushed an update that should fix the problem.

In the application if you go to the settings tab in to top left, and then to the version menu there is a button for updating the application.

Please try and update and see if it helped
Yes, it works now, thank you very much. This will make mission-making much faster!

• 1Like
Reactions: