• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyRhombus28

Private
35 Badges
Nov 25, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
Description of issue
Two Different Chinese United Fronts

Game Version

Enabled DLC
Together for Victory,
Death or Dishonor

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
So after the new update, there seems to be an issue with the events where there are two Chinese United Front factions. For some reason, There is a United Front led by the communists and another different one led by the nationalists. This makes the Chinese nations divided and so very weak and almost everytime Japan wins the war in China.

Steps to Reproduce
Basically, play the game as a country that is not any of the Chinas or Japan and wait until the Chinese United Front forms event pops up.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• 394360_screenshots_20180310210511_1.jpg
    394360_screenshots_20180310210511_1.jpg
    662,3 KB · Views: 13
  • 394360_screenshots_20180310210454_1.jpg
    394360_screenshots_20180310210454_1.jpg
    664,2 KB · Views: 9
  • 394360_screenshots_20180310210504_1.jpg
    394360_screenshots_20180310210504_1.jpg
    677,3 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
I just got this bug in a game where I played Japan. It even happens on a hands-off, historical AI focus game.
When the faction gets created the warlords just join instead of getting annexed, which shouldn't be happening according to china.101
I suspect some WtT decisions spill into non-WtT games and mess up the old event path

Attaching a save shortly before Marco Polo Bridge Incident completes in a hands-off game.

Edit: I think the event chain leading to wtt_xian_incident.5 triggers even without WtT and creates the faction first. Then china.100 kicks in

Attachments

• GXC_1937_07_13_12.hoi4
    6,5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I suspect some WtT decisions spill into non-WtT games and mess up the old event path

Yes, I am pretty sure that is the case because ever since I purchased Waking the Tiger, there has been only one United Front.

Repro steps:
  • start '36 as XSM
  • pp 25
  • pick decision "Invite Chiang Kai-Shek" (CHI_instigate_xian_incident)
  • CHI responds with "Send Chiang Kai-Shek" (wtt_xian_incident.1.a)
  • XSM requests alliance (wtt_xian_incident.2.a)
  • CHI accepts (wtt_xian_incident.4.a)
  • PRC accepts (wtt_xian_incident.5.a), which creates the first instance of the faction
  • JAP declares war on CHI
  • CHI gets event "Chinese Popular Front forms" (china.100), creating the second instance
Possible solutions:
  • gate CHI_instigate_xian_incident behind has_dlc = "Waking the Tiger"
  • play nice with existing faction in china.100
  • remove china.100 and set_global_flag = CHI_unite in Xian incident (if Xian incident is not supposed to be DLC exclusive)

I know that this thread is very old but since I posted a response in the other similar thread ill do it here as well. This issue has been reported now

I know that this thread is very old but since I posted a response in the other similar thread ill do it here as well. This issue has been reported now

How can we know if a bug is reported to the devs? this bug took too long to be noticed (the time from WtT to MtG)

For example this bug for the "ahead of time bonus" seems to be also ignored, and removes the possibility of playing USSR/1939 efficiently.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...when-needed-1-7-1-87c8.1222303/#post-25757533

Playinging China and got confused by a message that i have divisions in exile.
WTF?!
All my "allys" are suddenly not at war or at least not with me and i am having 2 different united chinese front alliances.

20230707183711_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.