• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

richvh

Preserver of the Light
62 Badges
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Lux Invicta v0.6K4, final snapshot of SVN version compatible with patch 2.3.6 Way of Life.
Hotfix for succession laws. Replace decisions/succession_laws.txt with this file.

This version will not run with Horse Lords patch 2.4.1 or later. Opt into the 2.3.6 beta to play it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is a little mistake in the .mod :
Code:
path = "mod/Lux Invicta"
instead of
Code:
path = "mod/Lux Invicta v0.6K4"

(otherwise the mod doesn't load)

Oops. Changed the folder name and forgot to change the path line to match. (You can change either the path line, or the folder name, the two just have to match.)

My version after fixing the folder name CTD as soon as I installed it in the steam/common/CK2/mod folder. Is it supposed to go under documents?

Edit: That's fixed, but now it pops up on a tiny screen and after loading I can't click on the menu or anything.

Last edited:
Any mod that uses replace_path has to go in documents. That includes all major or total conversions.

now it pops up on a tiny screen and after loading I can't click on the menu or anything.
When that happens to me, it's because I've alt-tabbed away immediately after clicking start on the launcher, before the CK2 window opens.

Personal modding doesn't require permission; any sort of release would.

You'd have to do a fair amount of editing to get CPR's portraits to work with LI, though. Our cultures are not HIP's.

Are there patch notes.

No. It runs, and is fairly stable.

Reactions:
If you've modded in additional clothing (and you really ought to separate out personal mods from any major mod) it isn't our responsibility to fix it.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm not sure if I should report issues with this version in the main bug thread.

I seem to be having an issue with inheritance. I started with Antiochos and changed the inheritance law to cognatic. Awesome daughter inherited the throne but the law immediately changed to agnatic. She goes on to form the Seleucid Empire and I change the laws to agnatic-cognatic. She dies and her only daughter inherits, but the law again changes back to agnatic. I then let a faction switch inheritance to seniority, but the interface doesn't properly show the new candidates. I tested it and the senior family member did inherit properly, though.

Is this a known problem, unique to me, or already fixed?

Btw, the mod is awesome! Thanks!

It's something I'll have to look into. I've seen some succession law changes revert, but hadn't seen a pattern yet.

It's something I'll have to look into. I've seen some succession law changes revert, but hadn't seen a pattern yet.
Would it help for me to upload my saves? If so, here are 4. The first is nearing the death of my first character. The second is when his daughter takes the thrones. The third is not long before she dies. Fourth is right after her daughter takes the throne.

Hotfix for succession laws: Download this and replace decisions/succession_laws.txt with it.

Hotfix for succession laws: Download this and replace decisions/succession_laws.txt with it.
Thanks a million, rich! I had gone through that file to try and fix it myself but couldn't even begin to tell what looked right or wrong. :p

Edit. There seems to be a new problem. Now you can go from agnatic to agnatic-cognatic, then to cognatic, then back to agnatic-cognatic, but not back to agnatic. :(

Last edited:
I see no reason for that, are you sure?