• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Obsidian_David

Major
1 Badges
Nov 8, 2016
www.tyrannygame.com
  • Obsidian Entertainment Staff
In the latest patch, we have included a 64-bit executable Windows, as well as fixed many issues brought up by the community. The more prominent fixes are listed below.

Quest Fixes:
    • Hostile characters in Duskwatch will no longer become invincible.
    • Cut-scene will correctly trigger when killing the Voices of Nerat.
    • Bleden Mark will correctly appear in Ashweald if the player returns the Magebane Helm to Eldian.
    • It is no longer possible to have insufficient Power to cast the final Edict on the North.
    • "At Any Cost" correctly updates if everyone at Jagged Maw Shrine is killed.
    • Stonestalker Tribe no longer attacks the player during the Rite of Blood.
Gameplay Fixes:
  • Weapons in the 3rd and 4th weapon slots (from the Bandoleer Player Talent) will no longer be removed when traveling.
  • Bonuses applied by consumables will now consistently apply the correct bonus and respect their duration.
  • Fixed an issue where corpses would appear in places that they could not be looted from.
    • The Sunset Spire is now accessible in Act 3 even if the party did not go to Lethian's Crossing during Act 2.
    • Re-entering Sentinel Stand Keep will always place the party at the correct entrance now.
    • Companions left at the Spire will no longer gain stacks of Armor.
    • Dead soldiers will not initiate dialog with player if they visit the "Oldwalls Breach" in Act 3.
    • Fat Ulsten's corpse will no longer fade out, leaving it available to loot.
    • Companions will no longer re-gain starting abilities that have been upgraded via other talents, this will also fix some issues of companions tracking talent points spent incorrectly.
    • Companions can now be switched when at the Infirmary Spire Upgrade.
    • The "Stand Together, Stand Tall" ability no longer disappears on level transition.
    • The Spire Forge's upgrade UI now correctly displays damage types for thrown weapons, such as Lantry's Quill.
    • Eb now falls over dead if the Fatebinder chooses to execute her at the end of Act 1.
    • Progress bars at the Spire Forge upgrade should now progress correctly.
Programming fixes:
  • Logging in to your Paradox account on Linux should now work as expected.
  • The Reputation Menu Hotkey (R) can now be bound to a user defined key. This also addresses the issue of assigned 'R' to a different key, giving it two functionalities.
Text Fixes:
  • Addressed multiple reputation changes whose reasons for change were not correctly displayed.
  • Reputation Menu spacing updates correctly when changing languages for the first time.
  • Many typos found by the community have been addressed throughout the game.
    • Localized names for the Fragments of the Voices of Nerat have been updated.
    • Localized names for all items created by Kenrick now display correctly in all languages.

Edit:
Custom Banners (Windows):

Some players have noticed that their custom player portraits are not appearing in game after this patch. As part of this patch, we updated the windows file structure and changed the location these files must be in to appear in game. This change only affected the windows version of the game, Linux and Mac were unaffected.

Former Portrait Location: Tyranny\Tyranny_Data\data\art\gui\portraits
New Portrait Location: Tyranny\Data\data\art\gui\portraits​

If you move your Custom Portrait images to the new folder and relaunch the game, the portraits should appear again in game. We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Last edited:
Reactions:
New Patch will not allow custom portraits. Have a ton of portraits that no longer show up in existing games or on new character creation.

EDIT:
It seems that the folder for portraits moved. Under C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Tyranny\Tyranny_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\ male or female all that's in it are the portraits I have added, none of the regular portraits that came with the game are there.

Last edited:
Hello @lightsfantastic,

I am sorry about that. We changed the folder structure of some of our data files in this Patch. The portraits have changed location:
Former Location: Tyranny\Tyranny_Data\data\art\gui\portraits
New Location: Tyranny\Data\data\art\gui\portraits

I believe if you move your custom portraits to the new folder, they should work as they did before :)

I am sorry for any confusion or frustration this has caused,
David

Hello @lightsfantastic,

I am sorry about that. We changed the folder structure of some of our data files in this Patch. The portraits have changed location:
Former Location: Tyranny\Tyranny_Data\data\art\gui\portraits
New Location: Tyranny\Data\data\art\gui\portraits

I believe if you move your custom portraits to the new folder, they should work as they did before :)

I am sorry for any confusion or frustration this has caused,
David
Wow that was fast!TY

Not sure if it's because of the latest patch, but right before the patch I got to "Gulfglow Oldwalls" and today, first time after the patch was installed that I play, the game crashes each time when in Gulfglow Oldwalls.

It usually happens when speaking with Basilon (either the first time when engaged or speaking to him directly after), but has also happened if I run past him and aren't speaking with anyone.

I've tried leaving the area and speaking with random characters and then coming going back, but speaking with others works and it still crashes in Gulfglow Oldwalls.

Hello @LittleNickey,

I am sorry that is happening to you. Could you upload the save this is occurring for you, so we can take a closer look at what is happening?

You can usually find your save files at:
C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\Tyranny

Thank you,
David

Hi,

thanks for quick response, find the 2 saves attached (one is where I first noticed it and the second after I travelled away and back again, speaking with different characters in between).

Edit: I tried playing it through now again and got past without game crashing. Not sure why it would work now (I did try restarting the computer before posting the first post and it still crashed then). I will keep testing, but otherwise I now atleast have a save which got past the initial conversations.

Last edited:
Thank you for the saves @LittleNickey. Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce the crash you are seeing. If you have not already, I would recommend trying to verifying your game files via whichever distributor you are using (I believe they all have this functionality). There is a chance that one of your files was corrupted during the update.

If that doesn't fix the issue, could you please do the following?
  1. Get the game to crash
  2. If there is a pop-up saying it generated some crash files, great! Please send us those.
  3. If there was no such pop-up then:
    1. Go to your task manager
    2. In the processes page, right click the Tyranny process and select 'Create dmp file'
    3. Please send us that file
    4. Also, in the game folder under the 'data' folder there is a file called output.log. Please send us that as well.
      • Please note that if there is another output.log in the tyranny_data folder, that one is not as helpful.
Those files should give us better insight as to what is causing the crash (if the file check doesn't correct the problem).

Again, I'm sorry for all the trouble, thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this.
David

@Obsidian_David Thanks for the tip. Like my edit of the last post says, I too was unable to reproduce the crash.

Game crashed again when I fought Bleden Mark (and google tells me others have had this issue), so I performed a validation of files on Steam and it said 8 files were corrupt. After repair it all worked fine, so this might have been the issue earlier also.