EUIV: Mandate of Heaven Content Pack Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Carlberg

Lead Environment Artist - CKIII
Paradox Staff
40 Badges
Oct 17, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Paradox Order
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV
I've seen there's been some curiosity about the new units that's coming with the Mandate of Heaven Content Pack, so I'm here to shed some light on what will be included for you all! The content pack will include three unit packs focused around East Asia, just like the expansion.

Mandate of Heaven
First off we have the large nations of East Asia, Ming, Qing, Korea and Japan. These are the major powers of the area throughout history, with Qing historically ousting Ming from their Mandate of Heaven. Ming and Japanese units are also used for any of the possible break-away nations that can form if the nations themselves collapse or rebels can assert their demands.
Mandate_Render_MNG_QNG.png
Mandate_Render_KOR_JAP.png

The North
The great wall of China, it was built for a reason. North of the great wall live the peoples of the steppes, the hordes that were once part of the Mongol Empire that reached all the way to Europe. To the north east the Jurchen tribes are still feuding, but can they be united into Manchu and assert their claims?
Mandate_Render_KHA_MCH.png
Mandate_Render_OIR_CHG.png

The Daimyos
( Tier 1 )

Will you fight for the Shogun? Or will you show the supremacy of your own daimyo? 12 armor clad Samurai await this fight in this pack. Lead them to a glorious victory on the battlefields of Nippon!
Mandate_Render_Daimyo_1.png
Mandate_Render_Daimyo_2.png

Asian Navies

Finally the western ship-builders have been booted out of the Asian shipyards, giving place for the junk rigs to catch the wind instead. This is a full set of ships, including a pair of unique ones just for Korea and Japan.

Asian_Ship_Renders_2.png

Asian_Ship_Renders_3.png

Asian_Ship_Renders_4.png

Asian_Ship_Renders_1.png

Artillery
Time to bring out the big guns, the artillery pieces in this content pack will give a more unique cultural look.
artillery_renders.png
artillery_renders_2.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Wow. Such an amazing job. All those daimyos... and the unique ships... can't wait to play as the Shogun.

The cannons rework are also great, as you see them all around on the late gate (infantry an cav get more casualties you know). So I really aprecite that.

Yea!!! Cheers for the turtle ships !!!

Beautiful models.

You guys have really outdone yourself this time. Kudos. Though isn't that Date model missing an eyepatch ;)

(Also, I could be wrong, but was Yoshioki Ouchi's armor the inspiration for the Ouchi model? If so, nice touch.)

Darn, no Amago model. How am I supposed to make the Amago Great Again now?

The Japanese renders look stunning reminds me of Total War Shogun II. The Ming and Qing renders look awesome as well and finally the Mongol Hordes have their own unit models. One thing is missing though..."Treasure Ships!!!!!" :):D

im just over hyped right now with those renders.

Will the three Jurchens use Manchurian models as well? Or are those available only for the united Manchurian Nation?

These units all look so good, wish there were unique models for Yarkand as well though.
They are a very fun nation to play and one of my favorites in E Asia.

Wow, this seems much more than usual. I assume this will not be included like you did with the CK2 content pack for M&M, but a seperate DLC like before?

This is great but i would like to see Balkan nations unit pack or like in EU 3, eastern unit pack. In Europe only genetic units are from Balkan?
Its possible in future?
All best

Will the three Jurchens use Manchurian models as well? Or are those available only for the united Manchurian Nation?

These units all look so good, wish there were unique models for Yarkand as well though.
They are a very fun nation to play and one of my favorites in E Asia.

Yarkand will actually take clones from Chagatai, so while they dont have their own unique set they'll still get to piggyback with this content pack. =)

The Jurchens will all use Manchu models with dynamic colors shifting between them. Only when Manchu forms the Qing dynasty do they move on to another set of unit models.

Same also goes for Korchin and Buryatia that clone from Mongolia, would be a shame to have them left out and boxed in without proper new units.

Wow, this seems much more than usual. I assume this will not be included like you did with the CK2 content pack for M&M, but a seperate DLC like before?

Indeed this will follow the same model that EUIV Content Packs have done before, a separate collection from the expansion.

"North of the great wall live the peoples of the steppes, that were once part of the Golden Horde that reached all the way to Europe"

The Golden Horde only ever consisted of a quarter of the Mongol Empire, stretching in the east to Central Asia, west to Bulgaria and north to Russia. When the Mongol Empire fell it split into four khanates, the Yuan Dynasty in china and mongolia, the Chagadai Khanate in central asia, the ilkhanate in persia, the caucuses, mesopotamia and anatolia, and finally the Golden Horde in the aforementioned north west asia and eastern europe, It never controlled more than about a quarter of the former territory of the empire after the Mongol Empire collapsed. The Golden Horde was only one of the the longest lasting of the four Khanates, they were not the Mongol Empire in itself.

On a positive note though I love the content pack and this will definitely be the first one that I buy.

Last edited: