• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wolf0503

First Lieutenant
10 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
One line summary of your issue
Won't load in Campaign or skirmish

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game won't load at all. I played for a small bit yesterday . Had to stop. Won't Start again.

Steps to reproduce the issue
logging into the game

Upload attachment

Upvote 0
I ran into what might be this issue on a 2016 macbook pro. It would hang on any load screen. I solved it by adjusting my graphics settings down to low.

Trying to play on ALIENWARE
Alienware 64 bit system/Intel core 1-5 processor 6400 CPU @ 2700GHZ /16 mb Ram/Windows 10/Nvidia GE GTX 745 with most up to date driver With a 2tb hard drive

Last edited:
Started a new game yesterday. Load times were not great. But at least playable. Today the button continue shows up. But nothing happens on clicking it. When i click e.g. skirmish or something else. It loads forever. Started the game on a normal HDD, switched to a SDD. Load times are not improved by any means. Looks more like a FW/Server issue maybe?

Edit: updated to todays Nvidia drivers. Now at least the options menu loads in a reasonable time. But without the ability to load a saved game it is kind a showstopper...

Last edited:
I have been trying since yesterday when the game went live on Steam. Hangs as soon as i press campaign button with endless tooltips on the load screen. Single player skirmish menu is kinda jacked up as well, if i change lance size it gets stuck in an endless load as well and pressing start does nothing. I have tried backdating video drivers, reinstalling, admin mode, dll edits, compat modes, different video settings, and no results. I even started it and took a nap, 4 hours later it was still scrolling tooltips and playing music on the load screen. I have zero logs in my game folder from any of these as the only way to end the load screen is alt+f4. Past the deadline for a refund so I am sitting here with a useless chunk of data I paid 40 bucks for. Paradox has earned my loyalty from their previous games but this is causing some concern. I will wait another day then I will be contacting someone for a refund. I have 6 hours logged in the game on steam but have yet to play it. Bogus.

Started a new game yesterday. Load times were not great. But at least playable. Today the button continue shows up. But nothing happens on clicking it. When i click e.g. skirmish or something else. It loads forever. Started the game on a normal HDD, switched to a SDD. Load times are not improved by any means. Looks more like a FW/Server issue maybe?

This is what I am experiencing as well. No ability to continue a campaign (load is greyed out) and skirmish mode options just spin at me in an infinite load screen

I have been trying since yesterday when the game went live on Steam. Hangs as soon as i press campaign button with endless tooltips on the load screen. Single player skirmish menu is kinda jacked up as well, if i change lance size it gets stuck in an endless load as well and pressing start does nothing. I have tried backdating video drivers, reinstalling, admin mode, dll edits, compat modes, different video settings, and no results. I even started it and took a nap, 4 hours later it was still scrolling tooltips and playing music on the load screen. I have zero logs in my game folder from any of these as the only way to end the load screen is alt+f4. Past the deadline for a refund so I am sitting here with a useless chunk of data I paid 40 bucks for. Paradox has earned my loyalty from their previous games but this is causing some concern. I will wait another day then I will be contacting someone for a refund. I have 6 hours logged in the game on steam but have yet to play it. Bogus.

While I'm sure they'll get this fixed, this is definitely a "Pre-Order" / "Early Access" killer for me. Here's to hoping we hear something soon.

Experienced the same upon clicking on Campaign for first time. I let it load for a good 15 minutes, but nothing came of it. I have to suffer through long loads for games like Stellaris and Star Citizen, so was semi-prepared to wait a bit. But at least they eventually load. I noticed the new NVIDIA driver per Wolf's comment above. Updating now to see if there's a difference.

Another angry user. I am trying to load on Steam; the saves get grayed out, new game gives an infinite loading screen. Yesterday loading times were long, but at least it worked.

Another angry user. I am trying to load on Steam; the saves get grayed out, new game gives an infinite loading screen. Yesterday loading times were long, but at least it worked.

I'm starting to wonder if I didn't give Battletech long enough to load, but it was doing almost nothing with system resources. My CPU was at 6% when it was in use, Battletech got around around 1.5GB of RAM before it stopped accumulating resources, Disk was 0%, and my GPU was a constant 25-27%. And it just never did anything except show me some cool tooltips. On my i7 / Quatro Laptop, it loaded in about 30 seconds. So there's something funky... just wish I knew what. I want to blow up some giant mechs!

Another bug report stated that un-setting "Read Only" on the folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<user_id>\637090\" (where user_id is whatever your user ID is, there's only one on my machine) fixed the issue, but it might have been coincidental. I'm guessing Steam is to blame here.

worked for me. now the Load button appears and the continue button works... loading...

I'm starting to wonder if I didn't give Battletech long enough to load, but it was doing almost nothing with system resources. My CPU was at 6% when it was in use, Battletech got around around 1.5GB of RAM before it stopped accumulating resources, Disk was 0%, and my GPU was a constant 25-27%. And it just never did anything except show me some cool tooltips. On my i7 / Quatro Laptop, it loaded in about 30 seconds. So there's something funky... just wish I knew what. I want to blow up some giant mechs!
I have checked the game integrity on steam, updated the Nvidia drivers, even updated Windows and after 10 minutes of loading without success I think I can honestly say that the game is completely bricked.