• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

10 - 17 January '40 - Denmark surrenders

"Time is everything; five minutes make the difference between victory and defeat."

- Horatio Nelson, 18th century -

Intro.jpg

(German troops marching through Copenhagen)
BigBen.jpg
Welcome back, old boy. The city is looking rather sad I'm afraid, with all these new defensive implements we have put in place. Home Guard I and II are stationed in the south, and 1 more Home Guard is currently in the works. That's months in the future thought, let's have a look at the past. 1 week ago. It is January 17 and we have been at war for 4 months, and 17 days.

PLAN R6:
Norwich.jpg
So at the last minute plan R5 was reworked, improved, and renamed "Plan R6". What happened was someone in Norwich told high command that 2 divisions were just sitting on their bums in Norwich waiting for the other divisions to catch up. General Ironside and Admiral Pound decided to make major changes in order to speed up the operation substantially. Landing in Ålesund and marching down to Oslo would take us a good month. Ironside sent Chamberlain and Churchill the operation plans. The rest of the Chiefs of Staff had already given their approval.
PlanR6.jpg

PLAN R6
Royal Navy Auxiliary fleet I will leave from Norwich, January 10. ferrying Sickleforce, led by Mj. General Paget to Ålesund. ETA. early January 13. The Royal Navy will with 60 ships secure the Jutland sea, Northern sea and Skagerrak strait. Protecting Auxiliary fleets and engaging any hostile ships.

Auxiliary fleet II will leave from Norwich, January 15, ferrying Mauriceforce, led by Mj. General Carton De Wiart to Kristiansand. ETA. January 17.

Auxiliary fleet I will, after returning, leave from Norwich, January 16. ferrying Rupertforce, led by Lt. General Auchinleck to the capital city Oslo. ETA. January 18.

RAF 4 Naval bomber wings based in Sunderland will provide support for The Royal Navy, Engaging and bombing any hostile ships. RAF 4 Fighter wings currently rebasing to Ålesund. Will provide air-support, engaging hostile airplanes.

General Ironside and Admiral Pound are in charge of operations

Pleny of events have transpired this week, I'll try to skip the hour by hour transcript and simply give you the big picture.

RAF:
RAF.jpg
RAF was instrumental this week - as they always are. They provided the proper support for our operation and played it smart with the Luftwaffe. Here's the problem for Jerry, chap. Now their waging war on our terms. They know we have to defend the navy, but they don't know where the navy is. And when they DO spot the navy, we engaged them just long enough for our boys to disappear over the horizon. The downside in this is that we let them bomb Norwegian forces in Kristiansand and Oslo as we must prioritise our fleet. So far in Operation R6 we have only lost 15 bombers. Although we haven't done any real damage towards the Luftwaffe we have disrupted their entire offensive operation. Side note: RAF also engaged and shot down 2 German planes we believe to be used to transport German paratroopers. This is rather unsettling. The RAF stationed in Ålesund have been given strict orders: "NOTHING CROSSES INTO TRONDHEIM."
Trondheim.jpg

ROYAL NAVY:
RoyalNavyx.jpg
Did I tell you the RAF had a good week?, well the Navy had a better one. - Side note: I'll leave the Auxiliary fleet in the TROOP MOVEMENT folder. -
Admiral Pound has given his subordinates strict orders to move fast, hit, run. Never to remain in the same area for long. All of this supported by the RAF. It was a small nightmare, chap. Thank God for Control and his clever SIS chaps who have issued a new coding system, letting the Navy and RAF constantly move quickly and coordinated. David Lloyd George must no doubt be proud of the improvements we have made since The Ambush At Kattegat. Oh, that brings us to.​

THE FOURTH BATTLE OF HELIGOLAND BIGHT
January 11. 00:00
Fourthbattle.jpg
Channel Force - assigned to patrol the Jutland seas - makes contact with a smaller force of 2 German heavy Cruiser and 10 destroyers. 3 destroyers are sunk, and the German forces must break off and return to port. Luftwaffe are engaged in Denmark and Norway, and are too slow to react as Channel Force disappears. This is to be the memo of the week.
Next day the Germans attempt to leave port again, they are met by Channel Force again, RAF providing support engages German fighters. Another contact at January 16.​
fourthbattle2.jpg
and then lastly one today. actually an hour ago. The word is that Channel Force just sunk two Transport flotillas. No infantry onboard, but in The Battle of Heligoland Bight we have sunk 11 transport ships and 3 destroyers. But we're not done yet.​

THE BATTLE OF THE NORWEGIAN CHANNEL
January 12. 8:00
battleofnorwegian.jpg
Nore Command patrols the Norwegian coastline and engaged two scout forces this week. One was the light cruiser Leipzig, the other a submarine pack on January 15. Both were no match against our newly refitted Nore Command. Both forces were destroyed. All in all, 2800 German sailors lost at sea this week.

TROOP MOVEMENT:
Troops.jpg
Changing the operation was of course a major gamble for us. One that thankfully seems to be paying off. Sickleforce were able to depart immediately with Auxiliary Fleet I as Auxiliary Fleet II were called in from Dover. RAF did their job and the Navy cleared the coastline.
Sickleforce.jpg
As a result Sickleforce, led by Paget, landed in Ålesund midnight January 13, and secured the docks. At current time we have 2 Inf. div. 5 RAF bombers, and 4 RAF fighter stationed there. We then sent the Norwegian forces North to secure Narvik and Namsos. I don't believe the Germans capable of transporting ships there, as they can't even get out of port, but they might try something more clever with those transport planes.

MauriceforceX.jpg
Auxiliary Fleet II left with Mauriceforce on 01:00 January 15. Fleet I was by that time almost back from Ålesund. Mauriceforce was also supported by RAF and Navy. Keeping the Germans occupied at Heligoland Bight as Fleet I made their way to Kristiansand. They landed early this morning at 00:00 and secured the docks within hours.

Rupertforce.jpg
Rupertforce left at 00:00 January 16. They are currently on their way to Oslo, and they should be there midnight tonight. Then they are to dig in. It's going to be a long haul for them, for us all. The problem now is the Luftwaffe. The Royal Navy cannot patrol those areas for much longer without being caught in a heavy bombing run. And we cannot let our troops in Norway be bombarded. We have therefore decided to call back all mobile AA in France and ship them to Kristiansand. They should be there Jan. 23. We are also constructing more in our factories.

DENMARK SURRENDERS:
Denmark.jpg
Hitler must have been tired of the runaround the Danish King gave him, as it was met with furious retribution. 5500 Danish soldiers and 3000 civilians died this week as Luftwaffe decided to bomb Åbenrå to the ground. The next few days His Majesty, Christian X and his government held out against a far superior army. After Åbenrå was successfully laid to waste, Hitler gave Christian X an ultimatum. "Surrender, or Copenhagen is next". Denmark had no other option but to surrender. Their brave sacrifice gave us the time we needed to ensure that Operation R6 would be a success.

DenmarkTank.jpg

(German tanks moving through the ruins of Åbenrå)

WINTER WAR:
Winterwar.jpg
Soviet ships have been spotted as close as the English Channel! Communications with them have been minimal at best, however Stalin has given us his word that the ships are only being used to flush out Finnish ships trying to escape battle, and wage war on Soviet convoys. Rubbish, of course. We are inching ever closer to a war with the Soviet Union. For now it seems that the cat is in the bag, but if they are caught transmitting our positions to the Germans, something they must no doubt be doing, then that's it, old chap. PM Édouard Daladier and the French have with the SIS started working on "Operation Pike". Remember that name, for it is how the Anglo-Franco alliance will go to war with the Soviets. Control is rather skeptic about the whole affair, so is Halifax and Chamberlain. Churchill is pushing hard on this, so are the Chiefs of staff. A war with the Soviets is at our doorsteps.​

ICELAND, GREENLAND, & THE FAROE ISLANDS:
Iceland.jpg
With the annexation of Denmark her colonies are now up for the taking. We issued a declaration and seized Iceland and the Faroe Islands. That is... We haven't actually sent any troops there. We are working on that part. To send a small unit and seize the docks, but as of now Germany cannot access those parts with our Naval blockade. Greenland is a bit of a more complicated matter as USA aren't too happy with us claiming anything. Fair to say a small diplomatic situation has occurred. However, for the time being it looks that we are in control.
And that's it for this week, old boy. Next week we will know if the operation is successful enough to stop the Huns, and if we can maintain the head start we have gotten.

Goodbye, and remember,
England Expects
Endx.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
With General Ironside on our side, the germans will meet tanks to match theirs.

For King and country, onwards to war my fellow Canadian.

I also like adding Lieutenant General Adrian Carton de Wiart. He was one crazy and lucky man.

Also please give us Greenland. Canada will put it to better use and America can complain since the Inuit live in both Canada and Greenland.

Last edited:
If the awesome Carton de Wiart is in, we have won the war.

Suck it, Hitler!

They should make 'Mad Jack' Churchill his second-in-command. They are both crazy enough to destroy anything in their path.
Me liketh that!!!!:D

I've seen impenetrable Norway once. Soviet playthrough. Germany had DoWed Denmark and Norway as usual, but after some time (1941?) I saw that there were no amphibious landings nor paradrops. Norway stood strong for whole war unnoticed by Axis.

As the PM once said, "Norway has a grave where it can feed the tiger, but Denmark is so awfully near." Let's hope the Brits make up for their skulduggery of 1807 and kick the Prussian tiger back across the Kiel canal!

MID-WEEK Q&A
With General Ironside on our side, the germans will meet tanks to match theirs.
Yup! :) I like having Ironside at our side. Admiral Pound, and Dowding too. Hopefully we can get Ol' Monty, and Alexander some spotlight too in a year.
I also like adding Lieutenant General Adrian Carton de Wiart. He was one crazy and lucky man.
Thank you! Actually he was the IRL commander of Mauriceforce. Hopefully he will shine in defence of Kristiansand. A province that will no doubt see a lot of action.
Also please give us Greenland. Canada will put it to better use and America can complain since the Inuit live in both Canada and Greenland.
I don't want to give it to the yanks that's for sure. We will see how much Denmark co-operates with the enemy, but all those colonies should stay within the commonwealth or secede into independent nations (hopefully the first).
If the awesome Carton de Wiart is in, we have won the war.
He doesn't need to win the war for us. ;) Just hold Kristiansand by any means necessary! YOU HEAR THAT CARTON DE WIART?
They should make 'Mad Jack' Churchill his second-in-command. They are both crazy enough to destroy anything in their path.
I'll look into that ;)
I've seen impenetrable Norway once. Soviet playthrough. Germany had DoWed Denmark and Norway as usual, but after some time (1941?) I saw that there were no amphibious landings nor paradrops. Norway stood strong for whole war unnoticed by Axis.
Norries must not fall!
Tacticalwise it's pretty straightforward. don't give up Norway. It can be used as submarine base by Jerry to crush our navy. Strategy wise it's a bit worse. We are stretched thin, on a remote place without proper AA or superior Airforce to protect Norway, UK, and France at the same time. And here's the extra problem. Germany can bleed men. we cannot. If we top 1 million British dead the war is over (Almost the breaking point of Britain in WWI). And i'll take it as a personal defeat if we top 500 000 dead (Roughly IRL WWII estimate). We are in the business of protecting Britain, not conquest.

Right now IIRC we are under 10 000 casualties
As the PM once said, "Norway has a grave where it can feed the tiger, but Denmark is so awfully near." Let's hope the Brits make up for their skulduggery of 1807 and kick the Prussian tiger back across the Kiel canal!
Nice quote! Oh, I don't believe we will be invading Denmark anytime soon. It's all plain land, and I'm afraid we would meet a tank army of 10 + div.

Germany can bleed men. we cannot. If we top 1 million British dead the war is over (Almost the breaking point of Britain in WWI). And i'll take it as a personal defeat if we top 500 000 dead (Roughly IRL WWII estimate). We are in the business of protecting Britain, not conquest.

Right now IIRC we are under 10 000 casualties

I think you forgot one detail.

We can totally assume than casulties numbers in DH are KIA, MIA and WIA, not just KIA.
Let's face it: usually, majority of sailors survived after battle. It was great exception, when majority of crew or virtually whole crew were KIA.

We can assume the same in case of air battles: many pilots survives and are 'just' captured.

And when you encircle enemy army and force it to surrender, 'casulties' are totally still living POWs.

Let's see OTL Britain (+ Commonwealth):

580,497 - military deaths from all causes
475,000 - wounded
318,000 - captured

So, in DH's way, British Empire had actually 1 373 497 casulties (roughly 2/3 United Kingdom alone).

I'm sure he will hold it super well. To the point of surviving two plane crashes and being shot at least a dozen more times and every part of his body.
I'll make sure he doesn't have to dig his way out of a POW camp ;)

I think you forgot one detail.

We can totally assume than casulties numbers in DH are KIA, MIA and WIA, not just KIA.
Let's face it: usually, majority of sailors survived after battle. It was great exception, when majority of crew or virtually whole crew were KIA.

We can assume the same in case of air battles: many pilots survives and are 'just' captured.

And when you encircle enemy army and force it to surrender, 'casulties' are totally still living POWs.

Let's see OTL Britain (+ Commonwealth):

580,497 - military deaths from all causes
475,000 - wounded
318,000 - captured

So, in DH's way, British Empire had actually 1 373 497 casulties (roughly 2/3 United Kingdom alone).
Good point, Vlad. and one I will be trying to keep a bit of a score on. And shine more light on POW's and wounded.
This number game is a fidgety affair. But I am sure we can keep it within common reason. If we loose 400 000 in defence of Norway that is not acceptable, if we loose 1 million in defence of France that is not expectable. If Germany A-bombs London (even if we have no units there) that is of course game over. etc.

we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

He doesn't need to win the war for us. ;) Just hold Kristiansand by any means necessary! YOU HEAR THAT CARTON DE WIART?

He doesn't need an army for that. He's his own weapon. As a friend of him told once, he "must hold the world record for bad language." So he would force the Germans to run back just by swearing.

17 - 24 January '40 - The battle of the North Sea

"Come on Hitler!"

- General Ironside, 1940 -

NorthSea.jpg

1741663-11-1444594096661.jpg
Let me have a look at the numbers just in, German and British: Total planes lost this week: 480. Total casualties/missing in action this week: 6 000. Conservative estimate ship tonnage sunk: 50 500 t.
Did I get your attention, chap? good. It's 24th of January, and the war has lasted for for 4 months and 24 days.

Skagerak and Kattegat: The Germans are now calling it "Flugzeugfriedhof". The graveyard of planes. Last week proved to be a bloody affair, more engagements than I can keep a track off. Let me get a glass of Scotch, and we'll start at the beginning.

CHAMBERLAIN'S SPEECH:
Earlier this week following the apparent success of Operation R6 and the landing of the troops. Chamberlain held a speech at the Central Hall, Westminster for the National Union of Conservative and Unionist Associations. praising our military effectiveness and taking the Germans down a notch. the speech was met with thundering applause.
Chamberlain.jpg
"When war did break out German preparations were far ahead of our own, and it was natural then to expect that the enemy would take advantage of his initial superiority to make an endeavour to overwhelm us and France before we had time to make good our deficiencies. If Hitler thought he might get away with what he had got without fighting for it, or whether it was that after all the preparations were not sufficiently complete, one thing is certain: he missed the bus."

- Chamberlain -

Ironside.jpg
Also General Ironside's interview with Daily Express was received well by the public. Britons are now finally realising that this war is upon them wether they like it or not, that dissent and bickering will not bring forth peace and prosperity.

TROOP MOVEMENT:
OsloX.jpg
Rupertforce, led by Auchinleck finally landed in the capital of Norway, Oslo 1 am, on January 18. Within hours our boys had control over the docks. Maurice, and Sickleforce are now comfortably holding Kristiansand and Ålesund. Oslo has 2 Static AA, Ålesund has the might of the RAF bombers stationed there, and now the Anti-Air from BEF in France have been successfully shipped and redeployed to Kristiansand. Carton De Wiart's telling us that the defence situation there is looking good. All 3 forces should be able to withstand a German assault.

THE BATTLE OF THE NORTH SEA:
IntroX.jpg
Where do I even begin, old boy...... Our tactics and plans are working. Moving in quickly, not putting up too much of a fight before we run. It's definitely working to our advantage. However, we did get hit hard a few times this week. The German war machine is running finer than ours. It can take more hits than us. If I were to compare it to a good ol' boxing match I would say Britain is the shorter, smaller fighter, we move fast. we jab. and we get out of there. Germany? Germany is a bigger, stronger, faster fighter. also he can take a lot more punches, and he has more stamina than us. Are you shaking your head? you should be...

RAF:
RAFnaval.jpg
We transferred Bowhill's Naval bomber branch to Ålesund. Once there he was able to accesses the North sea faster and easier. On January 21. We sent Bowhill to Heligoland Bay to support the Royal Navy. Bowhill's boys sunk the German light cruiser Karlsruhe. However, this time Luftwaffe was on our scent and an ambush was sprung. 48 british bombers where shot down on their way back.​
RAFfighters.jpg
Dowding's fighter wings were transferred to Oslo a few days ago. The Luftwaffe evaded them for most of this week, however we got word moments ago that Dowding's boys were scrambled to Skagerrak where they shot down 48 bombers. 1 step back, 1 step forward.​
RAFbombers.jpg
Coningham bombers saw the most action this week. Based in Ålesund, their job was to provide support for the Navy in the battle of the North sea. They gave the Luftwaffe a wooping at the Store Belt, shooting down 66 fighters and 34 bombers. A great fight over Århus. Then 2 days ago disaster happened. They finally caught us, old boy. Coninham's boys lost 142 bombers in one major battle over Denmark. Jesus. We might have won this week, but at such a bloody, bloody price. The memory of 1915 fresh in mind.

ROYAL NAVY:
Navy.jpg
Ah, the pride of the empire. After giving Hitler a good spanking last week, this week was no different. Thankfully with the support of our brave boys in the RAF, The Navy could dish out her best. Admiral Pound's Homefleet sunk 4 more destroys, another submarine pack, another transporter flotilla. Nore Command sunk Light Cruiser Koningsberg. I call it Christmas, chap! We are sinking the German navy one ship at the time. However we took a little more damage than last week. And it might be a minimal one - A fair amount less than the RAF has had to put up with. But, how much can we take? It looks that next week several larger ships in the North Sea will have to pull back to Britain for repair duty.

PRISONERS OF WAR:
Oh, this is a rather small matter but one that should be discussed none the less. Reports from SIS are in and we believe that roughly 3 000 British pilots and sailors are imprisoned in a interment camp named Dulag Luft in Germany at this time. They seem to receive fairly good care, but the propaganda damage alone is a small nightmare.​
POWUK.jpg
Well not to honk our own horn, chap, but our own camps are filling up with Krauts at a staggering rate. I don't have the exact number here, but we are talking about roughly 10 000 prisoners.​
POWGER.jpg

SMEAR CAMPAIGN FROM ITALY:
Italy.jpg
SIS also handed us a rapport that the Kingdom of Italy has launched a smear campaign against the British Empire. Now the damage of such an undertaking in itself is not of any concern for us. We have strong standing with our allies and the world knows us as the proper, fair empire we are. The intention behind it is of a much greater concern. Italy seem to be siding more and more with the Germans. Control tells us that Italy, Japan, and USSR are real potential enemies we need to monitor closely.

PRODUCTION:

Production.jpg
Our production priority has been and still is focused on RAF planes and building a new, and strong RAF fighter force. After this week however reinforcements are in need. We have lost so many good men these months of war. Wounded men in the hospitals. The cost of a broken plane can easily be calculated. But the long-term effect of a generation molded by war? The memory of 1915 still fresh in mind.

WINTER WAR:
Winterwar.jpg
The war between the Russians and Finnish is ever escalating. SIS tells us Finland must be on her last leg. I cannot believe she will be able to take much more before they'll be forced to surrender. The good news is that we now have full control over Norway, and Churchill and the War Cabinet are confident that we can start supplying the Finnish army next week.​
Winterwar2.jpg

And that's it for this week, old boy. Next week, Chamberlain, Halifax, and Churchill must decide if we are to retreat parts of the Navy from the North Sea, at least for the next 14 days. Whatever happens be sure that it will be a week filled with battles and tough choices. Jerry will not be backing down from this fight.

Watch your step out there, and remember.
England Expects.
End.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
For King and the Empire! Burn them all!

... Seriously if the Canadians get to Germany we might burn down a city like we did in the OTL World War 2.

What? The German civilians of the city killed one of our officers. Besides we took everybody out of the place before burning a good 98% to the ground.

Canada has problems, don't we.

And the was hasn't started in earnest, yet...

24 - 31 January '40 - A friend in the North, an enemy in the South

“Blood alone moves the wheels of history."

- Benito Mussolini, 1914 -

SouthNorway.jpg

Grab a chair and get me a glass of Scotch will you, chap? We should have a toast for another good week and for the boys who died making sure it stays that way. It is January 31, and the war has lasted for 5 months.​

TROOP MOVEMENT:
Norway.jpg
As said, it has been a calm week, and the Northern Expeditionary Force was no exception. The Norwegian troops were promptly sent back to their stations in the North. We should have 3 inf. divisions up there by next week. With them in place, we now control every single port large enough to sustain an invasion force. The British have also been greeted as heroes and the interaction with the Norwegians have gone swimmingly.

AIRFORCE:
RAF.jpg
The RAF as always bore the brunt of the action this week. Dowding's fighter wings were caught two times during their many patrols protecting the Royal Navy. I don't have the exact number here, but it is sustainable for now. As soon as June rolls by we will be able to station a full 8 fighter wings in Oslo. Then I would like to see Jerry try something.

While we have been off fighting Jerry in The North sea, France has covered out tail and kept patrolling the English Channel. They were engaged in some rather heavy fighting with the Luftwaffe this week. Jerry must be looking for any way in now. Looks like the Battle of the English Channel is far from over.​

NAVY:
Retreat.jpg
The Royal Navy have been marvelous up to this point. Admiral Pound should receive a medal for the way he has navigated his fleets in and out of danger with maximal success. However we have been nicked a few times, and proper so. HMS Ark Royal, HMS Royal Oak of the Home Fleet, and HMS Berwick, HMS Carlisle of Nore Command to be precise have all sustained light to medium damage. We sent them back to Portsmouth and Norwich for repair. That however leaves the fleets weakened. So.... We have issued a tactical.... retreat..... Yes! Yes! I know! You don't have to give me that look! We are only pulling out from Kattegat and Skagerrak. The water there is too narrow. Control and SIS' intel reports indicate that Germany will have to launch from Wilhelmshaven. That's the primary point we are covering for now.

HIS MAJESTY, KING HAAKON VII'S SECOND WAR SPEECH:
Speech.jpg
Norway has been a propaganda blessing for us. We didn't have to invade them. As far as the world is concern we came to their rescue as the heroic empire protecting the little chaps against The hord of Hitler's Huns. His Majesty, The Norwegian King knows this too. They're in the process of tying a strong alliance with us, one that will keep them out of the mouth of the wolf, and Chamberlain is not in any position to reject their attempt to tie their destiny up with ours. The government hangs in a thing thread as it is. His Majesty, Haakon 7 went on the radio the other day and held a speech. Churchill says it's the best speech he's ever heard. The public is in frenzy over it. New York time posted it. It's being translated into 20 different languages. The King has given us just what we need. The voice of the little people.
NorwegianX.jpg
"I would like to thank officers, soldiers, and sailors of the Norwegian army, and navy, who have all come to our aid. You fight for what is called the land of a thousand homes, and I know that each of you will fight so that we may keep our own, with all that is dear to us, in peace."
British.jpg
"I greet and thank the British forces of army, navy and airforce, who by their outstanding efforts have made it possible for us to defend our country. I laud the English nation, which we with regard to democratic ideals and in so many other ways are closely related to."
French.jpg
"I greet and praise our French brothers in arms, - representatives of a people, we at the creation of our constitution have taken so many impulses from, and by which individualism and the urge for freedom has much in common with Norwegian temperament and conception of life. I express my admiration for their bravery and courage, which currently stands at full height with the French army's best traditions."
Polish.jpg
"I know, that volunteers from other nations also fight in our own ranks. Those too I would like to thank for their help and for the idealism that has brought them to us."
posters.jpg
"The many diverse nations who now fight together here and abroad best shows the strength of the ideals this fight is about. It strengthens the hope of final victory."
Germany.jpg
"Our attackers can hardly fully comprehend, what crime they have committed against our people as they have against so many others. They cannot know, - they can not understand, that for us freedom and all that it includes, is everything, and that without it life has no meaning. But one day - we hope - the German people will be torn out of their delusions."
United.jpg
"War comrades of all nations in Norway! Be tenacious in battle and strong believers that the good cause will win in the end."

- His Majesty, King Haakon VII, 27th January -

Suddenly the tides of war seem to be in our favour. Which is why we should look at pressing matters of the concerning kind. Here's another dossier for you, I want you to read it and study it. They are NOT our enemies right now, old boy, but ask me again in a year's time, for I fear it might be a different story then. I give you​

THE KINGDOM OF ITALY:
Italy.jpg

His Majesty, King Victor Emmanuel III:
EmanuelleIII.jpg
Ah, let's see, short little man isn't he? He was the King during the Great War, his father, Umburto I was assassinated by anarchists. With the rise of fascism and the civil unrest with the socialists and anarchists he was forced to make a decision. He chose to support Mussolini, and in the years was let free as one opposing politician after another disappeared. New "laws" were written, and Italy invaded Ethiopia in '33 and Albania last year. The King then seemed rather happy enough with his trigger-happy Prime Minister.

Duce of fascism and prime minister: Benito Mussolini:
Mussolini.jpg
Hitler's best friend. By 1928, practically the only check on Mussolini's power was the King's right to dismiss him from office—though that right could only be exercised on the advice of the Fascist Grand Council, a body that could only be convened by Mussolini. See what he did there? clever little bugger. These radical hoodlums are all the same, they spun the Great War mess we made and rallied a hungry and scared mob willing to trade away their rights for a loaf of bread. Mussolini has also developed a cult of one-man leadership that focused media attention and national debate on his own personality. As a former journalist, he has proven highly adept at exploiting all forms of mass media, including such new forms as motion pictures and radio. Oh, and listen to this. He has survived four assassination attempts. Four!​

His Holiness, Pope Pius XII:
Pope.jpg
This triangle of Italy is not complete without the Catholic Church. Now a days the fascists have changed their views on the church and the Vatican can act as an independent entity. His Hollines, the new pope, issued the Summi Pontificatus last year after his coronation. The papal letter denounced anti-semitism, war, totalitarianism, the attack on Poland and the Nazi persecution of the Church.

So there you have it. the 3 leaders of Italy. One with Hitler, the other against, and then there's the King with his hands tied. Italy swings the way the wind blows, and today it blows right. Hell, even Mussolini's mistress was jewish until Hitler made him get rid of her. As of now Italy does not have the military means to go to war. But that might change very soon...

Next week we will have a closer look at Wilhelmshaven. Naval command are itching to have another go at it. The problem is that it would mean a full out attack. 50 ships, 15 wings involved. Oh, the meatgrinder, as it spins on. I'll see you here next week, old boy. Glad the weather's not as bad as it's been.

Godspeed and remember,
England Expects.

EndX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Let's see if Adolf dares to land in Norway...

Let's see if Adolf dares to land in Norway...
Yes. I don't believe he can. With both armies stationed on each side of Skagerrak I don't believe quick ground can be gained. Their only option now is meatgrinding us. bombing Norway, UK, and France. Maybe some submarine warfare (although we have seen surprisingly little activity from them). Another issue is the invasion of France. That must no doubt be coming up sooner than later.
Let's get ready to crush the Huns under our boot heels, right governor?
Yes. we should be looking into a full attack on Wilhelmshaven. 5 naval bombers. 8 bombers. 4 RAF fighters to keep air superiority. every single air-carrier we have. all attacking the docks. I believe we could sink a ton of TP's and cause some mayhem if we do that. The downside is that we could loose a lot of men, and right now reinforcement needs are low and we can focus on building and upgrading.