• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which version of HoI do you have?

• Strategy First (USA, Canada and Australia)

Votes: 497 46,6%
  • Pan (Scandinavia)

Votes: 251 23,5%
  • Nobilis (France

Votes: 23 2,2%
  • Leader (Italian)

Votes: 7 0,7%
  • Friendware (Spanish)

Votes: 128 12,0%
  • Typhoon (Asia English)

• Snowball (Russia English)

Votes: 2 0,2%
  • CD Project (Polish)

• Koch (UK)

Votes: 47 4,4%
  • Class (Pirate rip)

Votes: 16 1,5%
  • Immersion (Pirate ISO)

Votes: 25 2,3%
  • I'm a beta tester

Votes: 32 3,0%
  • I don't have the game

Votes: 17 1,6%
  • Koch/Paradox (German)

• Total voters
Well if they want an opinion, they should ditch Koch Media for disty in the UK - I'm still waiting... :mad:

Stev.

Originally posted by Uglyduck
Its in GAME Today..

I've had it on preorder with Amazon UK for ever...Just noticed that the status has changed from "Order not yet despatched" to "Order despatching soon". Shame it also says "Expected delivery date Mar 3rd". :(

Oh well, as my mum says "Patience is a virtue!". :)

Steve.

Originally posted by Bylandt
Strategy First. Got it from a UK company that sells US versions. I imagine they get a lot of business from impatient players like myself.

SPS said they shipped out something like 300 SF imports of HOI in the UK on the first day when it was originally released. Pretty impressive.

I think I've the Strat First version because this is what's printed on the cover;) but strangely the picture differs from what I've seen on the internet. I saw a cover somewhere with the brave allies storming from their landing barges into the Normandy. But on the cover I have is a picture of Europe, Africa and the US. Well to be honest I like my cover more. The continents represent the diplomacy and the global strategic warfare of this period really :cool:

Wow I think this may be a sign I go too deeply into the game I even begin to analyze the cover but it's really nice. Have I already mentioned that I like it ;)?

So did the same company brought the same game with different covers on the market? Do every versíon have it's own package? Well I'm pretty sure it the NA-version because I've a nice,little Austrian local store in my neighbourhood and they always have the original US-versions. Don’t ask me how they do it but they are more or less the only ones with this versions. They even have this nice little cards inside where you can fill out the games you like and so on and send it back to the manufacturer well I think I won’t do it but hey it’s cool to know I could do it while the others buying some standard European versions can’t :p
However this game is really a milestone in the genre of real-time-war-diplomacy games (don’t know if this word exists?) keep up the good work

Picked up my Koch media copy last friday, together with MOO3 from my local store here in the Netherlands. Better late than never :D

Given the fact that I don't have a credit card, it's not an option for me to order a version via the Internet. Not to mention the fact that should you order through the internet from a USA based company (as a EU citizen), you have to pay rediculous surcharges (shipping/handling + VAT + customs surcharges), making such a copy 2 to 3 times as expensive.

Jan Peter

I got the Strategy First version the day it hit the stores:D

Originally posted by jpd
Given the fact that I don't have a credit card, it's not an option for me to order a version via the Internet. Not to mention the fact that should you order through the internet from a USA based company (as a EU citizen), you have to pay rediculous surcharges (shipping/handling + VAT + customs surcharges), making such a copy 2 to 3 times as expensive.

So hats off to Strategic Plus for delivering to my Tyneside door within 48h of the official AMERICAN release date - and they took cheques.

I have the US version even though I am from Germany.
Since this is prolly a marketing research poll I'll share my opinion with you:

the more casual/mainstream a game is the higher the "losses" in sold units due to lack of foreign language versions.

The real freaks will buy the usual US/UK versions right at release IMHO. I really wonder how many people less would buy a title like HOI if only the US version would be availiable. We are actually researching the same issue for a more "mainstream" game...

Originally posted by MuaDib
The conversation probably goes like this :

German Publisher : "Aber ja, Herr Johan, ihr Spiel ist sehr gut ... aber ich mochte das es sich selber patched und automatisch alle Spiele der Konkurenz von der Harddrive loscht. Und bitte geben Sie einem Land den Namen Gertrud, daruber wurde sich meine Frau doch sehr freuen. Das konnen Sie doch in ein oder zwei Tagen schaffen ?

Johan : *&*$$** **%%$$^$$£ ****

German Publisher : Ach nehmen Sie das doch nicht so tragisch ... :p

Babelfish left me this:

GP1 = But, Mr. Johan, their play is very well... however I liked that it itself patched and automatically all plays of the Konkurenz of the hard drive loscht. And please you give the name Gertrud to a country, more daruber became my wife nevertheless much to be pleased. Konnen you nevertheless in or two days create?

GP2 = Oh you do not take nevertheless so tragically

:D

edit: Oh, and I'm awaiting either more money or more spare time to purchase, but to save P-dox from sadness I convinced a friend to buy a Pan for himself :p

I would presume that I have the Koch version as I got it through amazon.co.uk but one thing I am sure of is it came in a grey box. It is a great game and I am in danger of finally trashing my relationship this time (she thought EU2 took up too much time hahahahaha) .but seriously why does it have such a bad rule book?