• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Greetings!

I’ve got another set of traditions for you today. Do berar in mind that these are a work in progress and may be subject to change.

View attachment 743717
[Image of the Charitable cultural tradition]

View attachment 743718
[Image of the Parochialism tradition]

View attachment 743719
[Image of the Ting-Meet tradition]

View attachment 743720
[Image of the Tribal Unity tradition]

View attachment 743721
[Image of the Warriors of the Dry tradition]

That’s it for today!
cant wait for it

I'd like to remind everyone that not all cultural traditions need to be buffs or desirable. All cultures start with traditions - it may be advantageous to get rid of some of them. So as a player, no you don't want to choose it; but whoever starts in that culture must accept it and deal with the consequences.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I noticed the Charitable tradition says the rulers of that culture will use the send gift interaction more often - I've never seen the AI use that interaction, so will all AI rulers use it and rulers with a Charitable culture use it more, or will it be limited to the latter?
I actually had the AI send me gifts quite often. It happened because i was a super-strong vassal, i think.

Charitable reduces my income while encouraging me to spend more of my money, and giving me traits that'll prevent me scheming to compensate for my lack of money unless I want to live on stress mountain.
I'm definitely going to play a Malinke ruler :rolleyes:

• 3Like
Reactions:
And there are some innovation such as 'Visigothic Codes' from Catalan & Basque and 'Table of Princes' from Czech & Sloven,
Will these keep as the innovation or move to the culture tradition?
I can't remember how many tradition can a culture have, only 1 or 2?

Last edited:
And there are some innovation such as 'Visigothic Codes' from Catalan & Basque and 'Table of Princes' from Czech & Sloven,
Will these keep as the innovation or move to the culture tradition?
I can't remember how many tradition can a culture have, only 1 or 2?
Three to four starting traditions, with a max of 5 traditions in tribal era, with each new era reached unlocking another tradition slot.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Charitable reduces my income while encouraging me to spend more of my money, and giving me traits that'll prevent me scheming to compensate for my lack of money unless I want to live on stress mountain.
I'm definitely going to play a Malinke ruler :rolleyes:
More common, not mandatory. So you can still educate your heirs against "cultural expectation".

• 1Like
Reactions:
As the amateur translators of this game in italian, is there a chance to ask the developers for the .yml files of this dlc before the release? This way we could give the community a translation few days after the release of the dlc, instead of letting them wait months. Many will not play this dlc until a translation is done, cause sadly not everyone speak english.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ting-meet is interesting because it mentions the rationale of geography and topography, a feature that is sorely missing and probably will be until a future game instalment. This is evident in it being represented in culture which is not constant and would change if the Scandinavians moved to say the Northern England where the geographical circumstance does not pose a concern for a more centralised government.
Well, we *did* have them throughout the Danelaw, and the Anglo-Saxons had an equivalent institution - folkmoots.

Remnants of it (albeit in name) still survive with regard to selecting political candidates for office, more specifically with the supporters of a given party coming together in "hustings" to select their candidate for the wider election.

Remnants of the hundred and shire courts (which grew out of the things and equivalent folkmoots) still existed until relatively recently when the courts were reorganised to be consistent throughout England and Wales, and the remaining "special" courts were absorbed by higher courts or abolished by legislative reforms.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Well, we *did* have them throughout the Danelaw, and the Anglo-Saxons had an equivalent institution - folkmoots.

Remnants of it (albeit in name) still survive with regard to selecting political candidates for office, more specifically with the supporters of a given party coming together in "hustings" to select their candidate for the wider election.

Remnants of the hundred and shire courts (which grew out of the things and equivalent folkmoots) still existed until relatively recently when the courts were reorganised to be consistent throughout England and Wales, and the remaining "special" courts were absorbed by higher courts or abolished by legislative reforms.
There is hardly anything unique about people congregating. It's a global "thing".

Reactions: