• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I can't seem to enter the public beta? I enter in the code manually and it says the code is invalid, same happens when I copy and paste it. Don't know why this is happening but I would like to play with all the custom nations I made without taking me over the tag limit.
Leave the code blank.

Reactions:
So then it seems I don't have access to it as I can only see options for previous game versions
it's definitely in the list, between 1.29.6 and 1.4.1.

Reactions:
So I can't seem to enter the public beta? I enter in the code manually and it says the code is invalid, same happens when I copy and paste it. Don't know why this is happening but I would like to play with all the custom nations I made without taking me over the tag limit.

Your not missing out on much. Barely anything has been fixed...

Reactions:
For some reason I'm no longer seeing the Ottomans expanding east & south, taking out the Mamluks.

They seem to ally nations behind them instead and focus exclusively on Eastern Europe, this is quite annoying to watch but likely more annoying to play in the area.

Edit: it's hard to tell if this is a separate anomaly or indirectly related to AI debt. Either way, the game is very difficult to get into when the AI is handicapped by such severe debt.

Also in my latest game as England, Castile (Spain) had 5,000+ in debt. They continued to expand, dragging their economy down further, even their colonial nation lost to native nations!

Last edited:
@Groogy If possible, please make the typical Colonizers fight over colonies more as their primary objective (weighting). Rarely see a lot of colonial wars that started in the colonies but instead colonies become side shows but rarely change hands at the conclusion of the primary war. This is depending as seeing fights for supremacy in the Americas and other colonial regions would be cool and it would change up the criss-cross pattern of colors where colonial nations mix with others in big colonial regions..

• 4Like
Reactions:
Although this is merely my own experience, i have seen significant improvement in the responsiveness of allies since using the patch.
I did not start a new game. i have had the same three allies since before the patch. before the patch i was only occasionally able to get one of them to join offensive wars, but i didn't need it because enemy allies weren't joining either. now enemy allies join in and i am routinely able to get all of my allies to join my offensive wars if the target is close enough.
I love it!

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Have there been any further changes added to 1.30.4 other than the ones listed in the OP by Johan?

Reactions:
Disappointment is real.

Not only the 'beta patch' doesn't solve the issues and everybody is still in huge debt. The patch also doesn't go live for another week.

I understand that CK3 is released which is just CASH CASH CASH for you (the only thing you really care about).

Soon it will be 3 months since the realese of your most recent cashgrab and it's still not playable. I know that some people are happy with current state and don't even require alliances to work properly but it's minority.

I thought that maybe after you're back from holidays and created that thread something will change, but no. Not even a word when can we expect the game to work properly.

• 5Like
Reactions:
@Johan can we please get some word on if you intend to update the public beta? In my experience most major powers are still in severe debt and call you into their wars with no reciprocity.

Last edited:
So far my allies debt situation has not improved and it has actually worsened in 2/3 cases, all France, England and Castille are 1.5 - 2.5k in debt around 1573, been playing with the fix for 20+ years

Update: 17 years later England has got rid of the debt while France has reduced it substantially and Castille has somewhat reduced it. Proggress?

EDIT: 23 more years, back to considerable debts again. Scratching head.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
There are performance improvements in the beta. Attached armies were fixed in a hotfix in June, if you have a save where it's still happening please send it to me.

@Groogy I replied to your claim that it was fixed in June, it is NOT fixed. I will copy paste test case for you:

Start a game as Qing (because they have money at the game start), buy a merc company with general, build a cannon/infantry/cavalry and assign a general to them, attach unit to merc army, pick merc army with attached unit, right-click somewhere that is at least 2 provinces away. That army will desync after moving one province. Non-merc unit will arrive one day earlier/leater.

I am really, really, really hoping that if you ask for a test scenario, you then check if someone replied to your request.

Reactions: