Do Planetfall will have long-term development and support like Stellaris/HOI/EUIV= (I hope so) :)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Picard 359

Second Lieutenant
17 Badges
Feb 16, 2017
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hey Triumph, can you something about future of Planettfall I am little shy to ask this but there isn't other way than directly.

Are you have in plan to give us longtime Planetfall support and development like Stellaris/HoI/EU IV one or you planing just one two expansion and finish with development of game like Surviving Mars?

Personally I will buy it only if you plain to give us longtime development support as I can see Planetfall have big potential but still lack amount of content and deep of games like Heroes of Might and Magic III which is similar in many way expect place and time of story.

Please consider to add fully city screen when we can see how our colonies look and grow during development like townscreen in HOMM games and AOW 1 (with option to disable it for players who don't want it). Game fractions have amazing art and will be great if we have townscreen when we can see our colonies in all its glory and shine + add more interesting building for build if you add townscreen into game. Civilization and HOMM can be your inspiration for it now is to generic and uninteresting.

Please understand this as a well-intentioned post because I really hope that Planerfall will grow and become better and better with every new patch and expansion! :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I really hope they will not put their resources in such unimportant things (for me and I suspect I am not alone) as town screens, better graphics, voices etc.

OP. If you like Homm3 so much you should be well aware it does not require continual flow of DLCs for a game to be great. Aow3 is another example.

I really hope they will not put their resources in such unimportant things (for me and I suspect I am not alone) as town screens, better graphics, voices etc.

OP. If you like Homm3 so much you should be well aware it does not require continual flow of DLCs for a game to be great. Aow3 is another example.

Yes but I like paradox model where game content grow and become better and better trough time even without buying DLC best example is Stellaris which is very different and better game now and before 4 years ago even without DLC.

Yeah HoMM3 have only two expansions, but trough time it grow and stay supported by strong moding community which expand almost every aspect of game and still improve it. If I remember correctly AOW III have modding support but it don't have that modding deep like HoMM3 or TES games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) for example.

Last edited:
stellaris, hoi and eu are games developed by paradox studios. i think they have a different concept from how triumph develops their games.

paradox now also publishes the triumph games, but that doesn't mean that all their published games must follow the mass DLC business model. for example suriving mars or battletech were also published by paradox and developed by other studios. i think both of them were basically done after 3 DLC or so.

also, i'm not convinced planetfall is/was actually all that successful. it seems to have an awfully low average player count on steam. i honestly hope that they earned enough from that game to consider it a success and make us another AoW game after planetfall.

Reactions: