Stellaris - 2.1.4 Beta Custom Ruler Title Mouseover

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duuk

Reformed Badboy
23 Badges
Oct 16, 2001
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Description
2.2.4 Beta Custom Ruler Title Mouseover [Resolved in 2.6]

Game Version
2.2.4b

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn,
Utopia,
Leviathans Story Pack,
Apocalypse, All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The mouseover for a democratic election reads MESSAGE_DEMOCRATIC_ELECTION_DESC:0 "The campaigning to elect a new $TITLE$ is under way.\nThe result will be announced on $DATE|Y$.""

However it does not use whatever custom ruler title you define for your custom empire at game start. I'm reasonably certain this is because the message requires a character be passed (for gender) to the message and (because no character is passed) the message pukes and rather than default to the "male" or "female" title that has been defined it actually defaults to the GAME default ruler title.

IE: If the game default is "President" / "President" (male/female) and you define your custom ruler titles as "Premier" / "Premiere" it will still say "The campaigning to elect a new President is under way. The result will be announced on (date)."

*Updated to remove references to the $Y, since that has been proven just to be the yellow tint. My guess is now that the messaging parsing for this is something like parse_message( message, ruler) and no ruler is being passed. But my C knowledge is 100 years out of date.

This issue has been present since 1.1 at least.
Edit: Original Bug Report:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1-1-custom-titles-unused-in-alerts.937779/

I would love you all forever if this could finally be fixed.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Mouseover the election announcement.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• Mouseover Bug.jpg
    Mouseover Bug.jpg
    14,5 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Upvote 0
same, it is so damn annoying

Any chance this is fixed in 2.2.6?

OP said:
The '|Y$' indicator is used in other message files, just not messages_l_english, so it may not even be a valid pointer.

If so, what happens when you replace '$DATE|Y$' with '$DATE$'? I'd have thought that '|Y' is a formatting code that means "print this in yellow".

Last edited:
@Make Victoria 3 went back under a "Trust But Verify" and found the original bug report from 1.1.

This bug report has been updated to include a link to that bug report, for historical purposes.

The devs have confirmed that not fixing this bug is traditional, and thus they will leave it alone. It will exist forever and will raise the blood pressure of countless generations players...Sadly Duuk will not be there to witness this since this realization has likely made his head explode