[Dev Team] Le Guin update (2.2.0) Released [checksum 0d1c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What the heck? After buying MegaCorp and updating Stellaris this thing start to pop up even if i close it. I can't play!
20181206225207_1.jpg

You know... I haven't tried 2.2 yet (still at work) but I had an issue with CK2 3.0.1 and I'm seeing a bunch of the same issues being posted with the new 2.2 patch here. I'm actually wondering if there is something weird with the engine's patch installer rather than the game itself. The same "game crashes on startup" and "disable your AV" and weirdness on clean installs. I mean, normally it's fun to blame Wiz for stuff, but none of these bugs were visible in the streams and people that AREN'T running from a clean install seem to not get the bugs (I did a clean install on CK2 and Stellaris, wondering if I'll have the crash on Stellaris but at least I'll know how to fix it). I honestly wonder if something updated in the game engine is triggering anti virus programs to not allow them to write game settings properly which is causing all kinds of weird issues.

Soooooo useful feature. Now I can delete Stellaris and start to concentrate on my real life
Do a clean install, turn off your anti virus, start the game, play for five or ten minutes, then you can turn your anti virus back on. I bet it works like a charm.

What the heck? After buying MegaCorp and updating Stellaris this thing start to pop up even if i close it. I can't play!View attachment 425021

Same problem here.

Do a clean install, turn off your anti virus, start the game, play for five or ten minutes, then you can turn your anti virus back on. I bet it works like a charm.

Yep. An evil charm :D
Tried it, no luck :(

Great work on the update and expansion. Applause to the whole team.

Just one small bug I guess:
I cant open Branch offices on Trade League empires worlds even though I have Commercial pact open with them. I have Magacorp expansion and I am playing as one. After reloaded the game there was no icon indicating the ongoing Commercial empire but I did see only dialog option to Break Commercial pact. I have done so and immediately offered it again to see the icon appear. However still no Branch offices.

BUG: Automated Colonization Units Tradition from Expansion Tree for Machine Empires doesn't grant extra pop to new colonies.

Bug report, many people can't play, I bought the game from steam, and just bought megacorp. Game stopping loading on the g in the game starting part after setting everything up. I cleared cache already, uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing.

No more hotkey for Technology? It used to be F4. Now some Planet & Sector took it.
The most important part of the game, AND YOU TOOK IT'S HOTKEY AWAY?!
I view Technology more than anything else in the game.
And why there's still no option for player to assign keys?
This new update is confusing and annoying.

Last edited:
Bug report, many people can't play, I bought the game from steam, and just bought megacorp. Game stopping loading on the g in the game starting part after setting everything up. I cleared cache already, uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing.

Been having this issue as well. Made a forum account just so I could comment on it since I noticed others with the problem.

I'm still not sure if this is a game-breaking bug, but it might be, since we can't necessarily play the game...

What the heck? After buying MegaCorp and updating Stellaris this thing start to pop up even if i close it. I can't play!View attachment 425021

I'm having the same problem of endless blank message-boxes popping up every second. I'm running the game via STEAM on a MacPro14,3 with Intel Core i7, 2.9 GHz processor speed, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1. Any tips about where to post the bug report where a developer will see it?

A few things I've noticed so far.

1. Energy in systems are WAY too rare. I've searched about 30 systems and found maybe 6 with energy in them.

2. Just where do I find the mods I've installed? I used to be able to find them to activate them in the F6 menu, but now they aren't there.

3. the tutorial mentions nothing about how to use the new planet interface. leaving you to try and figure it out by either clicking on something and seeing what it does, or hovering over every single picture/item to see what the info says.

(Added 12/7/18 @ 0113) 4. How in the world do you terraform a planet now?

That's all for now. I will add more as I find them.

Be Well

HEWOLF

Last edited:
So, now that there is a megastructure that gives +225 naval cap, +15 starbase cap, +24 defense platform cap, and +15% sublight speed, is there any reason to ever pick the Eternal Vigilance, Grasp the Void, and Galactic Force Projection APs? I feel like these APs are now in desperate need of a rework. Galactic Force Projection was already a worse version of Grasp the Void (+80 naval cap vs +180 naval cap) but now this is just silly. One megastructure gives you the benefit of THREE APs but even better! I love the new megastructures, but their discounted counterparts need a rework.

Edit: Fun fact, the bonuses of a Strategic Coordination Center stack. I consoled in 10 of them to see what would happen. Hilarity ensured. I know nobody will likely ever build 10 of these bad boys in one game, but even having 2 of them is completely hilarious.

Last edited: