• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Out of curiosity, first, why the move (other forum looked so much better), and second, why no more ability to make our own Avatars (a great feature of he previous forum)? o_O

Out of curiosity, first, why the move (other forum looked so much better), and second, why no more ability to make our own Avatars (a great feature of he previous forum)? o_O

Unfortunately the other forum had some technical issues that couldn't be resolved. Also, the volunteer staff was rather small. This was ok when the community was smaller, however with the upcoming launch in April, the additional traffic was most likely to be too overwhelming for the volunteer staff. That combined with those technical issues and a lack of some basic moderating tools was going to be too much to handle with the old forum.

I think the custom avatars are not available because they would need to be reviewed to make sure they weren't obscene, offensive, etc... This was easier with the smaller community on the other forum, but with Paradox being such a large community, custom avatars would become unwieldy and take up too much of the staffs time.

Hi Blizzard36
The following were the instructions for redeeming the code. Have you tried steps 4 and onward?

this is Nice, but none of this works for me because i have 2 codes in my backer kit and neither of them work..so cannot redeem anything, synced owned items, doesn't work either says i own nothing..so where do i go from here then??

Some people have experienced a delay between redeeming their code and the badge and avatars appearing.

Trying to avoid sounding condescending, but the code is listed under PDX forum in your BackerKit right? :)

No, underneath the shopping code should be PDX Forum -{backer level} then either a code, or as in my case pending

Ah, never fear, I understand @HBS_Dagger is currently cracking the whip at her team of elves who are hand crafting each individual code.:)

You might have read our minds.....this forum wil be officially open next Tuesday and there will be a whole set of BATTLETECH themed avatars available then. Can't wait to share them with you!
Dear @HBS_Dagger. I've been a HBS forum member (LegendKiller) for 2,5 years I believe. Barely missed the Kickstarter ... I just want to express that I would like to see more avatars for BT. There's so many factions out there. Plus I get confused with people using similar ones. I realize that this is not a good moment for such a thing. However, I gladly assist if "manpower" is needed. I work in the design industry and I already created a lot fan art like banners, avatars, wallpapers etc.. I can adapt to any style you like. Just reach out to me. Regards, LegendKiller.

Last edited:
got my code todayish. Keep checking.:)
Indeed, as @HBS_Dagger said on the Mechwarrior Pending thread, if you haven't had your code drop them an email. I did and got a prompt reply with code.
<---Got a shiny badge now. But going to stick with ol' ornery until an actual Taurian avatar arrives.

I backed at a Mechwarrior level shortly after the Kickstarter ... I seem to get only the Beta badge. Is that correct? No birthday badge, backer badge? Not complaining, just checking.

Its seems you only get a badge for backing, none of the othe badges from the old forum like birthday ones.
And the backing badge appears to be the one for the highest level you backed at. So in your case you get the beta badge but not backer. Those at Valhalla get that badge and none of the others

Greetings MechWarriors,

When you use the @+username format, the user gets an alert. I suggest we spare e.g. HBS_Dagger the absolute torrent of alerts she must get on these forums by not using the @ before her handle if not actually requesting her attention.

Thank you, and carry on.

Greetings MechWarriors,

When you use the @+username format, the user gets an alert. I suggest we spare e.g. HBS_Dagger the absolute torrent of alerts she must get on these forums by not using the @ before her handle if not actually requesting her attention.

Thank you, and carry on.
:eek:too late

My bad, sorry :oops:

Hi Blizzard36
The following were the instructions for redeeming the code. Have you tried steps 4 and onward?
Yes. I hadn't linked my Steam account before this either so I did that as a test. All of my Steam games have shown up in the Owned Items now, the Battletech stuff still has not.

I'll try again.