• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another exciting read about the growth of Prussian dominion over Central Europe ! Letting allies fight all the battles does feel good.
Would it really matter if the Hohenzollerns died out and another dynasty took over ?
Sad about Bohemia though ;)

I was really honest though when I thought "oh no, I don't even have a wife!" when I realised that AFTER I disinherited my heir. I really thought I was screwed o_O. But what "other ways" do you refer to to get an heir, events probably?

Maybe there is some Evil Bastard Brother/Nephew named Tom next in line of succesion?

Prussia the Great Power,
I think Ming Exploded
I cant wait for the next chapter, this AAR is like when I read fanfiction:D
I didn't see Asia for a while, and unless I find a screenshot with Asia an overview of the world will be for when the Empire has been formed. Thanks very much, it's always nice to know that people are enjoying this :)!

Another exciting read about the growth of Prussian dominion over Central Europe ! Letting allies fight all the battles does feel good.
Would it really matter if the Hohenzollerns died out and another dynasty took over ?
Sad about Bohemia though ;)
Not really, for the story it might but I have a feeling something like that will occur - some sort of renewing the spirit after the Empire has been formed, with the history of Prussia belonging to the past to form a new one the day the Empire sees birth. But that's all I say about that for now ;). And well, Bohemia - they're the biggest threat in the beginning if you don't ally them so they simply HAVE to go. If you can't bear seeing Bohemia getting slaughtered the next chapter might be too much for you ;).

Maybe there is some Evil Bastard Brother/Nephew named Tom next in line of succesion?
That can't be, the von Hohenzollern's are pure as gold! Although if I could sacrifice purity for a ruler named Tom...

The artworks in your "Battle of"-windows look quite nice. (Battle of Bremen, Battle of Lübeck).
Who did it? Which mod adds that?
It's the "Better Urban Terrain Pictures" , I don't know who made it but you can easily look it up in the Steam Workshop. For a full list of the mods I use look at the OP, for those who haven't already you also find my goals and stuff.

I advise to read my chapters while letting the Prussia glory march I linked in previous chapter play on max volume for the full Prussia experience :D. volksmarschall's linked music is also very fitting.

Believe it or not but a simple thing like naming your heir is one of the smaller features I love in the DLCs. It is easy to forget that something as simple as a name is in a DLC. And between us, who wouldn't want to name his king Tom :p? This alliance between Tom's and Prussia will surely lead to domination!

:rolleyes:

I was really honest though when I thought "oh no, I don't even have a wife!" when I realised that AFTER I disinherited my heir. I really thought I was screwed o_O. But what "other ways" do you refer to to get an heir, events probably?
erhm. visit a tavern and get drunk and take someone upstairs, and accept the weak claim heir :p

(but yeah, events)

or that.

or.. Tom Von Habsburg.

or.. Tom Von Habsburg.
When I said offering purity for a ruler named Tom, I never thought of this... heresy! As long as I live there will never be a Habsburg on the Prussian/German throne. NEVER! I rather have 10 comets and blame the lack of comet sense or 3 generations of 0/0/0 rulers than having to live with a Habsburg on the throne - over my dead body :mad:!

Make Germany Greater!
We will do that, definitely! Great to have you around too Sir Dippingsauce.

Not really, for the story it might but I have a feeling something like that will occur - some sort of renewing the spirit after the Empire has been formed, with the history of Prussia belonging to the past to form a new one the day the Empire sees birth. But that's all I say about that for now ;). And well, Bohemia - they're the biggest threat in the beginning if you don't ally them so they simply HAVE to go. If you can't bear seeing Bohemia getting slaughtered the next chapter might be too much for you ;).
If I'm reading this right then you're saying that you don't care about your dynasty outside of storytelling. If that's the case you could disinherit and than drag out a war with a minor until your king dies. You can't be pu'd if you're at war; instead you get a new king of another country's dynasty.

If I'm reading this right then you're saying that you don't care about your dynasty outside of storytelling. If that's the case you could disinherit and than drag out a war with a minor until your king dies. You can't be pu'd if you're at war; instead you get a new king of another country's dynasty.
Of course I can do that but the simple question would be: why? I have no reason to actively try to exterminate my dynasty, although I have a feeling that day may once come.

All hail the future king Tom!

Flew too near and was sucked-in. Well-done - subbed

Great AAR on this interesting period in History. I cannot play this game for multiple reasons but I am enjoying your presentation, especially your belligerent-Diplomacy. i.e. "We both will defend my ambition...agreed?":D

All hail the future king Tom!
I am sure when my heir is named like that even a hunting accident can't take him down!

Flew too near and was sucked-in. Well-done - subbed

Great AAR on this interesting period in History. I cannot play this game for multiple reasons but I am enjoying your presentation, especially your belligerent-Diplomacy. i.e. "We both will defend my ambition...agreed?":D
Thanks for passing by, great to know you like it. And well, what other use do allies have than to obey my commands and fight all my wars for me to accomplish the holiest of holy missions ;).

I'll probably be writing down the next chapter in the weekend and post it, but thanks to @atwix great and very funny but surprisingly underrated streams of Mass Effect 2/3 (definitely check it out if you're interested), I'm going to dive back into Stellaris and we know how that ended last time :rolleyes:... But I'll do my best!

something like that, I assume?
Well if it would refer to me trying to get an update out this weekend, than yes because I failed :oops:. Partly because I had to go to visit family in the afternoon and forgot about it but nonetheless... My apologies, I'll try to get an update out ASAP. I probably shouldn't push myself for certain dates as it might be frustrating not only for you but for me too if I don't make it :rolleyes:. Anyways, thanks for your patience for the time being!

Chapter 4: 2nd of November 1537 till 7th of June 1553
Chapter 4: 2nd of November 1537 till 7th of June 1553

So, remember that war with Pomerania we declared last chapter? Well, there’s not much to say: Utrecht was their only ally and Pomerania themselves were only a TPM, so the war was easy as hell. We took all their provinces, and we even gave our ally Holland Utrecht as a reward for the ‘help’ with Utrecht.

imo2Jej.jpg

Also remember that wife we took to get an heir? Well, apparently she was a sinner, and not only in religious matters…

wPvhZOP.png

Damn you wife, you’re a god awful woman and yet you’re not happy with me? You think you can find a better man than ME, the King of PRUSSIA?! Pathetic, that’s the only fitting word for it. The King-Elector only tolerated it because doing something about it would cost us more than to let the affair go on. I think it’s clear: never marry a woman from Sternberg ever or at least not one who looks as awful as she is! And being a sinner doesn’t help too…

h8sDMEm.png

Great news came from the northern regions of Europe: Norway declared an independence war from Denmark! Together with Sweden they try to get back their independence from the vile Danish. Demark being Protestant while Norway and Sweden are still Catholic didn’t help. A weakened Denmark at our northern border though would definitely be a good thing. We will keep our eye on the situation.

We also decided to bolster our defences in the south, by building a fort in Vogtland which is hilly terrain and will grant us a good defensive position. You could also see it as an excuse to spend our ducats on something, as we were really rich (almost 3300 ducats). It will be spend accordingly later though or rather call it… invested.

WcP99pb.png

Oh come on, you stupid sinner of a woman! I already tolerated your affair, why bother me with this AGAIN?! You’ll pay for this “wife”, somehow…

8jczXRn.png

Oh but look at what we got here: our heir fell ill, the beloved crap son of our “wife”. Would be a shame if he would… die because of no doctor and rather praying for his life, but as our wife is so religious I guess it can’t harm to do just that, right? Our faith is strong you know…

v3wGtpL.jpg

Oh, he died… A shame but well, we got a better replacement from my mistress now! Now go back to your lover and leave me alone woman!

cOIXElc.png

Oh, she died also… Well let’s throw a party than! It’s unsure whether she died because of grief about her son dying or rather because something incidently got in her food which was quite lethal but hey, she’s dead anyway, can’t undo what’s been done, right?

Wfx06xz.png

King-Elector Tom II von Hohenzollern didn’t hesitate to re-marry as soon as possible though, and got a nice 25 year old new wife, Margaretha Venray from Holland. Although you could argue a Dutch wife is worse than what we previous had, beggars can’t be choosers.

Unfortunately for us, Denmark was surprisingly able to win the independence war and got Sweden and Norway back as PU subjects. Well, there goes a weakened northern frontier I suppose. We’ll direct our attention to them later.

Before we went back to war again, we were very generous and paid off our allies of Holland and Hesse debts. Stronger allies are better for us after all, and as said we got the money. But now onwards to the next war:

jUypVAE.png

Remember I said I DOW’d Saxony to allow further southwards expansion routes due to Hesse alliance blocking it? Now’s the time to put that strategy into action: Würzburg is our immediate neighbour and we are lucky the Palatine and Frankfurt are not willing to join their defence at the moment. Bremen and Bavaria are however, but I’m sure Holland will deal with them easily. Besides, Bavaria got reduced to a OPM status so we’re just dealing with 1 TPM (Würzburg) and 2 OPM: not a big deal for mighty Prussia!

wUDtYEC.png

Well, it was an easy war, as predicted. We took all of Bavaria’s dosh and made them Protestant. Looking back at it, if they had all of their cores still, I might’ve vassalised them and reconquest all of their cores but well, I’m not used to it so I guess in other runs I might see opportunities like these more often.

wiW0Z5s.png

Bremen faced the same as Bavaria and finally Würzburg was entirely annexed. No time to rest though as it’s time to declare on our old rival again: Bohemia

rYpE8nq.jpg

Wow, that went from bad to worse quicker than you would’ve expected after the last war for Bohemia. After half a year! My god, Bohemia really turned into a paper tiger and easy pushover. Well, better for us I suppose.

0eojkGu.jpg

After 2 years of continued siege, we peaced them out and took the 3 provinces they still had from our historical Imperial borders. We also revoked their cores on the Polish lands, which we’ll have to take sooner or later too. But for now, we’re happy with the Bohemian provinces.

Besides this, we were furious to discover Printing press fired in Linz in Austria of all countries! A Catholic country, if you didn’t realise yet. This was a blow in the face of every self-respecting Prussian man!

Not much happened for the rest of the coming years, Austria expanded into Venice some more, we were friendly as ever and spent our ducats relieving other countries from their debts, a new Polish king was elected but unfortunately because our beloved King-Elector Tom II died and the Electress was leading the country, a Venray became king of Poland and not a von Hohenzollern but nonetheless we got the necessary points, prestige and legitimacy from it. And when all seemed well, a diplomat came rushing in the court with some very interesting news:

MKN1a4n.jpg

The Leagues are enabled. Let the game for the official Religion of the Holy Roman Empire begin!

Last edited:
Yes, Bohemia did seem to falter rather quickly. No complaints though!

So time to get ready to wrest the Empire away from Austria?

its weird that you can catch your wife cheating on you with SAME guy twice.

at least your new wife shows good taste..

i would improve relations with sweden and muscovy if they didn't rival you, and go for Poland next.

league mechanic will allow to ally anyone in protestant league so... maybe consider the above and get otomans also and murder poland with help of all their rivals.

We are in mourning for Bohemia.... but not for ex- Her Royal Highness. (The fact that the adultery pop-up popped up twice is just more proof that the AI loves to rub it in.) :mad: