• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Madae

Major
84 Badges
May 8, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris
Just curious if we can expect any more content for this game, or if it's finished until a sequel.

I'd still like to see some earlier start dates, maybe 5th century and the fall of the WRE. I'd also like to see more time added to the end, so we can play factions like the Ottomans without having the game end so soon. People say you should just play EU4, but I'm not really a fan of that game for various reasons, and would much rather play CK2.

Just curious if we can expect any more content for this game, or if it's finished until a sequel.

I'd still like to see some earlier start dates, maybe 5th century and the fall of the WRE. I'd also like to see more time added to the end, so we can play factions like the Ottomans without having the game end so soon. People say you should just play EU4, but I'm not really a fan of that game for various reasons, and would much rather play CK2.
There is an expansion on the way, and will probably be released in the coming months.
After that...nobody knows.

My understanding is that there will be 1 more DLC, but I wouldn't expect it to have any earlier starting dates, nor a later end date.

My understanding is that there will be 1 more DLC, but I wouldn't expect it to have any earlier starting dates, nor a later end date.

Of course, because it will be China expansion!

Adding Central Africa would be the best way to expand the map IMO.

1 big DLC for certain. Possibly something more, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I know its an unpopular opinion but I wish this game would just end already, so they can start working on something better.

Personally I would like to be able to start any date after 1337. In EU4 you can start at any date between 1444 and 1821. It would also be nice if the end date was pushed forward to 1492. I would really like to be able to play the Wars of the Roses and as an independent strong Burgundy.

I know its an unpopular opinion but I wish this game would just end already, so they can start working on something better.
Agree. I really feel that 5-6 big DLC is the max number game can handle without compromising its core concept and core mechanics.
On the other hand, if that 6th or 7th DLC was accompanied by some superbig patch that change core concepts and core mechanics...

Last edited:
I think it's time for a new project that will be work out at the same time with ck2 for at least 1-2 years more ... So when ck2 is completed you can focus on your attention to Rise of rome - Hellenistic era - fall of rome -till 769 standalone game that will have a convertor for ck2

Agree. I really feel that 5-6 big DLC is the max number game can handle without compromising its core concept and core mechanics.
On the other hand, if that 6th or 7th DLC was accompanied by some superbig patch that change core concepts and core mechanics...

It's tough, because after so much content added to ck2 I really can't imagine Paradox making anything as complex or polished this decade.

When they do abandon the game, I could see modders carrying it for 5 years before something as good comes out and gets to a state where it can compete.

Yeah, but we can clearly see on the screenshots the extent of the new map. It adds Tibet, and Nepal...but not really actual China.

They are only adding privinces to wasteland as they did with Mongolia in HL, not extended the map boundries in any way.

The next expansion was originally going to be a "large" expansion and the "last" major expansion for CK2. However a lot has happened since that dev diary.

Doomdark reneged on the "large" aspect of the next DLC in a stream, so it is just going to be average sized now.

Also comments by others like Johan make CK2's end have made CK2's end an uncertainty. At this point we can't really assume when CK2 will end.

My guess is that they were originally going to make the next and last expansion the "China" expansion, which is why they worked on Tibet . However at some point they realized it was too ambitious and scrapped the idea. Hence why the DLC is now normal sized rather than large and we get Tibet as free patch material.