• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vonpopov

Recruit
9 Badges
May 4, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
Hi,

Firstly disapointed with the Tiger II armor vs Fantasy Jumbo ... but , everything gets worst when my first tiger II got destroyed by a damaged french wolverine at 1200 meter on first shot at my front armor.

Please explain me, how 13 AP can penetrate 19 AV ? is there some black magic science which i should know ?

wAOXBcn.jpg

i6LIyjS.jpg

Are there crits in the game?

That 13 AV is only ineffective as long as you have that 19 AV facing it. As soon as you have your 9 AV facing it...well, all bets are off.

I think that your tank was just on the edge of being angled to the point where you can be side shotted. As it is 13 AP will never go through 19 AV at the range your engagement occurred at so it had to have been a side shot.

It must be a few degrees off. What a luck.

AFAIK front armor is modeled as cone of 45 degrees from upfront; or so it was in Wargame.
So if middle of front of your tank is 0 then shot coming at 47 degrees from that 0 direction, even if it seems to be fired from upfront, is going to be calculated as side-shot.

Looks weird but I bet it was 46 degrees or similar bad luck.
Unless it's not 0% chance to pen armor and there is like 1% chance for critical insta-kill. Though if it was critic there should be description of it showed when it happened.

Hit that curved turret plate right where it hurts fam

In seriousness I have a slightly hard time believing this is a genuine case of 46°, at least as the game is visualizing it in the screenshots. Think you could post the replay?

Last edited:
Someone said the tank is turning?
That would explain it if the chance to penetrate=kill is calculated at firing the gun by enemy. M10 must have fired when angle was bigger and before shell hit target visually it turned more but that didn't change the fact that penetration was already calculated with side-armor value. Thus KT gets destroyed even if it seems like it's frontal shot.

It is a Sideshot.

A Sideshot in a not very well simulated game engine, sadly.

The side shot arc is far too big and doesent consider the angle of the incoming projectile (afaik).

Are front/side/rear for mechanical purposes actually the front/side of the model, or is there a hidden hitbox which doesn't perfectly match up?

One of you might also have been lagging slightly.