• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Belgian King remained there on his free will. He ordered army to surrender, and faced the consequences in person.
unfortunately to him, his government took both things as betrayal.
It was the same here in the Netherlands, the royal family did got out, but it was seen as a betrayal. Later in the war it was seen in a better light, because the queen was making radio broadcasts from London, becoming the personification of the resistance

It was the same here in the Netherlands, the royal family did got out, but it was seen as a betrayal. Later in the war it was seen in a better light, because the queen was making radio broadcasts from London, becoming the personification of the resistance
Don't forget when we turned an area of our hospital into Dutch territory so your princess/queen, forget who it was, would be born Dutch and not Canadian.

Also Hello my Dutch friend, come to help us save your country from Hitler's grasp?

Reactions:
Don't forget when we turned an area of our hospital into Dutch territory so your princess/queen, forget who it was, would be born Dutch and not Canadian.

Also Hello my Dutch friend, come to help us save your country from Hitler's grasp?
Princess Margriet was born there on 19 January 1943.

Well, it is risky doing this, because currently I'm occupied (I live 6,8 kilometers from the border) so I should keep low for a while.

The French had to race to the Benelux, hadn't they?
Such a waste. I am just hoping my static defence plans work better than rushing out into the lowlands to get encircled.
There you have 30,000 men wasted as in the days of the Great War. it seems that the French didn't learn at all the lesson taken at Alsace in 1914.
God damn it. Just so gut wrenching to watch the Germans tear our allied armies to shreds right in front of the Gort line. (our British western-frontline)

It will cost me a little more than half of my supply stock to initiate Offensive chit. I was wondering about initiating it around the time we send in our first reserves. That means after the initial battles at the Gort line. What do my generals think?
Bloody hell! The French lost to Mussolini's Italy at sea!
Yes, Italy's entrance in the war annoys me to no end. Especially when they put all my SIS boys to shame. Crushing the French Navy, advancing on almost all fronts. These AAWWII Italian boys are something else.
you can lost whole Africa and survive, while Italy without Italy hardly can xD
You have a point here. Even though it sucks we can "afford" to loose a lot of land in Africa for the time being.
IF we can keep France in the war they can put pressure on the North Italian border. Perhaps that's where we should send our Africa troops (not to mention our 3 elite mountaineers ETA 1941 for the no longer existing Finland North front. they can be of very good use for a push into North Italy)
And if USSR will attack them, you don't have to care about western front anymore.
I dream for the day when Russia invades Germany.

A problem we also should not loose sight of is the Japanese one. As of now we have nothing in Burma. And they will be coming for us soon enough. Africa could fall. India can not.
I hope you're also gonna evacuate the royals of the Low Countries. IRL the belgian and luxemburgian didn't got out
Ah, yes, the empire must look out for the monarchies. I'll look into it.

I long for the weeks where we only had to worry about the Luftwaffe.
Next 4 weeks will be the pinnacle of this war.
We need France to stay in the game.

It seems that the darkest hour of the British Empire might outrun the number hours in a day!

Princess Margriet was born there on 19 January 1943.

Well, it is risky doing this, because currently I'm occupied (I live 6,8 kilometers from the border) so I should keep low for a while.

I really wish the Dutch resistance had more written about it in English. I wonder if all the rumors I've heard about it being unreliable are true? It takes balls to fight a occupation force and deal with everything they had to deal with in the final years of the war.

Okay, I need you guys' help for something.
Germany has no real submarine power, and the Soviets are the new pesky threat of our convoys.
it's mid 1940. What shall we call them? Is it historically accurate to just call them the wolfpack instead of the Germans. seeing as that term was coined by Karl Dontiz.

This tactic is called the same way in russian. And as we are already using english version, there is no real difference.

Reactions:
Sharkpack?

I would say something related with sharks, that's for sure.

Cyka Blyat

But in all seriousness, something linke Bearpacks would be nice

Please don't use s-words, there are some people, who understand it.

And, I belive that the point is that bears, nor sharks dosn't hunt in packs, like wolfs do.

For Soviet 30's realia, it might be something different - like - Soviet Underwater Marine would "liberate" Imperialistic goods together with cargo ships.
They were really good at liberating things... So maybe - Liberating Comitte?

Please don't use s-words, there are some people, who understand it.

And, I belive that the point is that bears, nor sharks dosn't hunt in packs, like wolfs do.

For Soviet 30's realia, it might be something different - like - Soviet Underwater Marine would "liberate" Imperialistic goods together with cargo ships.
They were really good at liberating things... So maybe - Liberating Comitte?
Maybe the Akula Pack since Akula is russian for shark?

Well none of these are very historically realistic. Karl Donitz coined the term wolfpack (am I not correct?) So it's rather weird the the Soviet submarines would use it (the tactic that is).
But let's say that in the AAWWII timeline that the Russians indeed stole Donitz tactical idea of a wolfpack. then perhaps VOLK PACK (or volkipack) would work?

Maybe the Akula Pack since Akula is russian for shark?
Well none of these are very historically realistic. Karl Donitz coined the term wolfpack (am I not correct?) So it's rather weird the the Soviet submarines would use it (the tactic that is).
But let's say that in the AAWWII timeline that the Russians indeed stole Donitz tactical idea of a wolfpack. then perhaps VOLK PACK (or volkipack) would work?

Wolchaya staya

15 - 22 May '40 - Luxembourg, and the Netherlands fall

"Every day a year, and every night a century! And our bodies are earth, and our thoughts are clay, and we sleep and eat with death!"

- All quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, 1929 -

Intro.jpg

LondonX.jpg
The scotch is on the table, officer. Have a seat. How's the missus? And the children?
I just came back from the war meeting, one that was held without Winston, as he is in France with General Ironside for the week.
So, Jerry's little plan for the western front seem to be paying off for him so far. The opportunistic Italian buggers might have overextended their reach in North-Africa as their own native North border is crumbling. and The Royal Navy will have to undergo changes to meet the rising tides.

The date is May 22. 1940. And the war has lasted for 264 long days.​

SOVIET SUBMARINES ATTACKING MERCHANT NAVY:
Sovietsubmarine.jpg
First off, let's discuss the Russians. Ah yes, it's almost like we aren't at war with them anymore now that we have bigger fish to fry. With the buffer zone in Finland currently holding, we only have to worry about them crossing in over Afghanistan - which would be a logistical nightmare for them to attempt-, and the more plausible one. The invasion of Turkey. All of these issues will be a worry for another day. However a more pressing matter is the pesky Soviet Submarine fleet now unaffectionately labeled "The Wolfpack" after the submarine tactics of a Karl Donitz, a German Admiral from the Great war. This Russian Wolfpack is still wrecking havoc on our convoys South in the Indian seas. We are in the process of sending several large fleets to that area in order to remedy the situation. They should be ready for operations come June.

ROYAL NAVY BLOCKADE:
Blockade.jpg
Ah, some better news on this front. The Russians might be hampering our far east convoys. But we are in return decimating the Italian ones. Mussolini has been shipping supplies from the German docks instead of transporting it over the alps. Seeing as our blockade is absolute in the North sea, and rather strong off the coast of Spain, we are decimating their merchant fleet. I hope Mussolini will feel the bitter sting of not getting his German sausages on time.

THE FRENCH NAVY STRIKES BACK:
Reginamarina.jpg
The French, after suffering horrendous defeats at the hand of the Italian Navy recouped and struck back hard in vengeance, in one large battle this week. The current list of Italian sunk ships these last days are:

(2XDD) 10 Destroyers on May 17th
(CA) Heavy cruiser RN Zara on May 17th
(CL) Light cruiser Alberico Da Barbiano on May 17th
(SUB) 5 Submarines on May 18th
The French are back, old boy! They have risen to meet the challenge. And soon we will arrive to aid them in their venture.

ROYAL NAVY SUBMARINE FLEET RE-ASSIGNED TO MEDITERRANEAN SEA:
RoyalNavySub.jpg
The Baltic seas have been rather quiet these last weeks, and so we have decided to send the Royal navy submarine fleet to Toulon, France to patrol the waters, sinking convoys, and helping the French navy control the Mediterranean.

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS, AND THE NEW ROYAL NAVY:
Navy.jpg
The HMS Illustrious was finally launched this week and made its way to the North sea to meet up with Channel Force, and further strengthening it. Also, We are now in the process of creating a fleet that will be able to battle the Italians. however this will take some time. currently we have a diverted few light cruisers and an aircraft carrier from patrol fleets in China and India. And Dudley Pound is looking at diverting a few Battleships, destroyers, and Heavy cruisers from the North sea to create the Second Mediterranean Fleet.

AUSTRALIAN NAVY SENT TO EGYPT:
Australia.jpg
Ah, But we're not done yet, chap. Australia sent us news that they can and are willing to send their main fleet to Egypt in order to battle the enemy there. Both New Zealand and Australia has a modest reserve fleet. and with our naval forces in Hong Kong ready to back them up they are confident enough to lend us some help in the Mediterranean. The bloody Italians won't know what hit them..

ITALY ADVANCING THROUGH THE DESERT:
Italydesert.jpg
Speaking of which. Italy is still moving forwards on all African fronts. A smaller French militia was encircled and captured. Over a thousand now being held captive. Mid-Africa is still unprotected and will be overrun in a matter of months. But there is good news. We are still delaying our enemies at Sidi Barrani, and this week some much needed help came.

NORTH-AFRICA REINFORCEMENTS:
AfricaReinforcments.jpg
British Raj cavalry reached the front lines this week. Or, shall I say, the provinces behind them. Hopefully our Indian brother can relieve the Iraqi, and Egyptian soldiers and give them a much needed break.

FAILURE TO INSTIGATE REVOLT IN ITALIAN EAST AFRICA:
Somaliland.jpg
SIS forces this week tried to fund the Somali-land partisans to rise up against their oppressors. But the operation was too optimistic and failed to bear any fruits. Not to mention how dangerous it is to sow seeds of revolution and independence in the minds of these smaller nations. I remember the lessons we all learned after the October revolution. Perhaps better the devil we know, eh, chap?

FAILURE TO INSTIGATE REVOLT IN SLOVAKIA:
Slovakia.jpg
Another SIS brainchild that failed to get us anywhere. God, damn it, chap! We have been trying to get these bloody resistance movements off the ground. The Slovakian group we were funding was caught by the Gestapo this week and summary executed. Damn it, chap...

EXPEDITIONARY FORCE RE-DEPLOYS IN FRANCE:
Carpathia.jpg
Our north Expeditionary force, alongside 2 Norwegian infantry divisions touchdown at Dunkirk this week. Some of the forces were diverted to reserve positions behind the front-line, and some of the stronger British forces were re-deployed in Lille, and Longwy. We also struck a deal with the Norwegians. We would leave a strong presence in Kristiansand and Oslo to guarantee the safety of Norway, in return they would lend us divisions to fight in France. What a strange world we live in, Vikings fighting next to the French, next to the New Zealanders, fighting next to Canadians. Hah! The last grand stand of civilization, old chap! Auxiliary fleet II set sail back to Ålesund in order to pick up the remaining divisions. Within the next 14 days, all of these boys are going to see action. It fills my heart with pride, old boy.

RAF FIGHTER WINGS DEPLOYED TO PARIS:
Paris.jpg
Speaking of pride. The boys who need no introduction. Hugh Dowding's own. The 4 RAF fighter wings who fought so bravely in the English channel, and defended the Norwegians so gallantly over Skagerak. This week they were re-assigned to Paris, France. Most of the lads were pretty happy to get away from the cold weather of Norway. Not to speak of seeing the lovely ladies of Pari. But they have seen combat as no other in our ranks. Their planes are marked with broken swastikas, and they walk with their head held high. Now they get to show the French something we both have known for ages. That no one, beats the tenacity of the British.

CHURCHILL VISITS PARIS:
Churchill.jpg
As previously mentions, Sir Winston Churchill also arrived this week in France to meet with the top military leaders there. In order to mitigate the miss-communication we've had as French generals are organizing their war separate to our own. Georges was surprising friendly and open to the idea of more co-operation in the coming defence of the Gort line. Gamelin was a little more reserved, and couldn't understand why we would not join them in their lowlands offensive. Churchill is working his magic, and hopefully in the next weeks to come we will see a truly unified French and British force, ready and willing to repel the German horde!

RAF BOMBERS TRIES TO DELAY GERMAN OFFENSIVE:
RAFbombing2.jpg
We sent our RAF bombers, now re-stationed to Norwich, to try and delay the ever advancing German war-machine. It was to little avail.

LUXEMBOURG FALLS:
Luxem.jpg
Yesterday Luxembourg inevitably fell to the German blitzkrieg. 19 divisions retreated to Arlon. That is 220 000 men. 220 000 tough, gritty and determined men who saw no other option but to leave the cinder that once was Luxembourg to the Germans. Even worse, the Huns are closing in on all fronts, collapsing the pockets of fighting Dutch, and Belgium soldiers. On 17:00 May 21st. Luxembourg was officially annexed by the Third Reich..

AMSTERDAM AND ROTTERDAM FALL:
Rotterdam.jpg
As we both knew, Amsterdam would fall, and so she did. Rotterdam too, now in the process of being completely overrun in the next hours. Most of the Netherlands is lost, and what is left is mostly unguarded. We have requested the French retreat whatever force they can to take up arms at the Gort Line as soon as possible. They have a different view of things...

FRENCH PUSHING THROUGH IN THE ALPS?:
Alps.jpg
The Allies might be pulling out of the Low countries, but the French have brought the fight to where it can be won. In the Alps. This week France had a major breakthrough as they managed to break the enemy lines and move in on North Italy. If they can get a foothold in Genoa, then they can pinch the units at Turin and cut them off. This is big news, chap! I we have learned anything about the alps, it is that no offensive breakthrough can really be made. So I am skeptical. But as I mentioned last week, if come 1941 we will have 3 elite mountaineer divisions ready to settle the score and tip the Italian war in our favor.

And that is it for this week, old boy. These next 14 days will prove crucial to the British Empire and her Commonwealth. We believe the German army will crash upon the Gort line with such a force that we will have to think on our feet. reinforce, retreat, encircle. We were the greatest empire the world has ever seen. We can still be. Our boys are up for the task. 14 days from now medals will be given out, and we will tell our grand children of the day we showed the Huns what we are made of.

Say a prayer for our boys.
Come next week they'll need it.

England Expects.

End.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
The Germans seems a bit stuck in Belgium... or a bit slow.

The French sent more forces in to the lowlands to slow them down (since we have 50+ forces in France.) Also had an unfortunate virtual box reboot last week (IIRC).

And as we know booting up a DH game will cause all AI battles to dissengage.