Hearts of Iron IV - 27th Development Diary - 2nd of October 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jeez, it feels like politics in the Roman Empire.

Hardly. No politicians have been killed yet, so it can't be Roman politics ;)

Reactions:
Benito's portrait looks hilarious. :D

Reactions:
The navy is rather strong with 2 battleships, 8 heavy cruisers & 80 smaller ships, but is not modern either.
Italy should have four battleships in 1936: Conte di Cavour, Giulio Cesare, Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio.

Reactions:
Italy should have four battleships in 1936: Conte di Cavour, Giulio Cesare, Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio.

Nice posting Sleight of Hand :). Not trying to be contrarian, I think deeper discussion of all things naval is good. That said, as far as I can see, Cavour and Cesare were both being reconstructed when the game starts, as should probably be in the build queue rather than on map (on the other hand, I doubt it's possible to reconstruct Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio as they were historically, so maybe it's reasonable to have them there?)

Reactions:
Nice posting Sleight of Hand :). Not trying to be contrarian, I think deeper discussion of all things naval is good. That said, as far as I can see, Cavour and Cesare were both being reconstructed when the game starts, as should probably be in the build queue rather than on map (on the other hand, I doubt it's possible to reconstruct Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio as they were historically, so maybe it's reasonable to have them there?)
Ah, well, if the game simulates reconstruction or old ships then yes, by all means let them be in the build queue at the start. I wasn't aware that was going to be a feature, though. I hope it is.

But assuming that is not the case and Paradox are just going to lump old BBs together, then Italy should have those four, and not just the two.

Reactions:

And their Heavy Cruisers should be fast and very modern, contrary to the first post.

Please, please, please can you have a native Italian speaker check over your unit naming and OOB?

Correctly you have "1a Squadra" (prima) but you should have "1o Gruppo" (primo) and not "1a Gruppo."

There are a number of other things, but this one is pretty obvious from the screenshot. :)

Reactions:
And their Heavy Cruisers should be fast and very modern, contrary to the first post.

Please, please, please can you have a native Italian speaker check over your unit naming and OOB?

Correctly you have "1a Squadra" (prima) but you should have "1o Gruppo" (primo) and not "1a Gruppo."

There are a number of other things, but this one is pretty obvious from the screenshot. :)

there is no OOB dear....
I think paradox have more important things than rename units.
Divisions names in late game are automatic generated in english only.
Its necessary also rename all provinces with correct names? Are thousands..

Reactions:
there is no OOB dear....
I think paradox have more important things than rename units.
Divisions names in late game are automatic generated in english only.
Its necessary also rename all provinces with correct names? Are thousands..

There is an OOB - it's the starting units already in the game.

PI take the trouble of making thousands of Russian unit names but can't fix 1 letter? Bring on crowdsourcing.

And yes, it is necessary to get names right - would you accept incorrect names in a history book for $50? If you would, you shouldn't.

Reactions:
its not an OOB are only division names
probably there are mistakes also with russian division names or units
hey HOI4 its not an history book its only a game.... u misunderstood

There's no OOB Hierarchy no but there's still a OOB (as in Order Of Battle). If the OOB is wrong somehow it means the number of units, their composition or their names are wrong, regardless of the lack of hierarchy.

Reactions:
There's no OOB Hierarchy no but there's still a OOB (as in Order Of Battle). If the OOB is wrong somehow it means the number of units, their composition or their names are wrong, regardless of the lack of hierarchy.

Exactly.

its not an OOB are only division names
probably there are mistakes also with russian division names or units

So your point is that if they don't get the unit names right first time, who cares.

And if Germany's leader in the game was Adlof Hilter, who cares, it's only a game and you know what they meant.

Reactions:
No my point is in the game u can rename air wings as u prefer by yourself, but u cant rename political leaders....

So rather than one dev renaming the files once for thousands of people, thousands of people should rename the individual units every time they play. Nice logic.

You can edit the political leaders by editing the savegame, AFAIK.

Reactions:
It's a historical game, and many of us in the community appreciate it when the devs get stuff right. As I said elsewhere, this isn't Modern Warfare, and as has been said, simply renaming one single little line in a localisation file is hardly a huge undertaking.

Reactions:
So rather than one dev renaming the files once for thousands of people, thousands of people should rename the individual units every time they play. Nice logic.

You can edit the political leaders by editing the savegame, AFAIK.

its necessary edit game files, i meant air wing are edited directly in the gameplay.
Its more unhistorical air wings havent the correct italian name (wrong 1 letter) or divisions are binary when historically was triangular?

It's a historical game, and many of us in the community appreciate it when the devs get stuff right. As I said elsewhere, this isn't Modern Warfare, and as has been said, simply renaming one single little line in a localisation file is hardly a huge undertaking.

the idea of developers for HOI4 is not this as i can see....
was more historical HOI2 probably, or DH with Iron cross, the most historical of all games.
There was thousands of historical events HOI4 sure will not have, resources represented better historical economy, ecc ecc
They are concentrate for build a fun game here, not historic game.

If many of comunity love historical aspects they must wait an HOI4 mod probably....

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't know If the Italian tank tree have been posted on the forum already but here it his:

wwRdKsW.jpg