• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marshall18

I sometimes do controversial things
45 Badges
Jul 8, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Title_zpsd1e5baf7.jpg

“Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.” — André Gide

Greetings ladies and gents,

The prodigal son returns. If you remember a couple of weeks ago I asked some of you guys (AoD forum) for advice when playing MP as the UK.

First of all, I apologize that it has taken me so long to turn the screenshots into an AAR. Busy life...

Before reading I need to warn you of three things:
- The AAR is written by the British. This means that the Brits are described as a superior force, although they are nothing special.
- The AAR ends in a weird way (won't explain right now to avoid spoilers).
-The game went out of sync quite a few times. This meant that when we restarted the battle automatically ended with 0 losses and inflicted losses, creating some weird situations. The AI pushed the next day with fully organized and strengthed armies like nothing had happened against our weak troops and destroyed forts. (yes I am blaming the game instead of my lack of skills :p )

Enjoy! :D

Extra info:

- Sorry, I forgot to mention that we are played in Normal (everything Normal).
- As in my previous AAR a lot of small battles have been left out. (what you see is just the tip of the iceberg ;) )

Last edited:
Nice presentation. Won't the game be too easy if both France and the UK are player-controlled and Germany is AI-controlled?

I suppose if it was someone good at playing this game :)

But due to the fact that I am really bad, it shouldn't be easy. Just to give an example of how bad I am: I tried playing France 3 times before this game, and was defeated by the Germans every time (the 2 first times they even defeated me before declaring war on Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland) :eek:

Well, at a glance it looks like the Axis is doomed, because I cannot see how AI-controlled Germany and AI-controlled Italy are supposed to confront two human players effectively on Normal... However, since you have made an AAR out of this, I assume that it won't be just a boring cakewalk ;).

Very good looking presentation (how much did it take you to make it, by the way?), I'm eager to see how will things develop!

Every day before going to sleep I spent like 15-20 minutes writing a chapter. This first one took longer though (maybe 40 minutes).

Mainly because of the graphs but also because I started trying to get an overview of the screenshots.

Very nice thread and great graphs plus - as usual - an excellent storyline!

Much looking forward to see if you have better luck saving France this time. Of course, for "alternate advice" you can always return to your original thread "Advice for playing UK" and try desperate means like the UK splurging most of their limited IC building a PAR and TRA!

Really hope you don't mind me having turned that thread into a "mini-AAR". I suppose sometime (next time?) I really should try posting in this section of Forum. Oh well, I am sure you, of all people, understand how it goes regarding "motivation" when it comes to story tellers like you and me.

Very best wishes with this AAR... and I much look forward to reading your ongoing saga.

Very nice thread and great graphs plus - as usual - an excellent storyline!

Much looking forward to see if you have better luck saving France this time. Of course, for "alternate advice" you can always return to your original thread "Advice for playing UK" and try desperate means like the UK splurging most of their limited IC building a PAR and TRA!

Really hope you don't mind me having turned that thread into a "mini-AAR". I suppose sometime (next time?) I really should try posting in this section of Forum. Oh well, I am sure you, of all people, understand how it goes regarding "motivation" when it comes to story tellers like you and me.

Very best wishes with this AAR... and I much look forward to reading your ongoing saga.

Some great points came out of that UK thread. A shame that this game was played before most of your updates (some great points from there could have been useful here).

Glad you feel that way. However, not sure UK building a PAR and TRA is really a "great point" for the game. But I think it makes a great story. :D

So "thanks" for somehow having given me the initiative with that thread of yours to reload as a reverse game... and somehow arrive at an airborne assault of Copenhagen. (?) The marvel of an unfettered mind. :rofl: