• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
income.jpg

Are you playing with a mod of some kind? I am asking because that income level is very high compared to my games, especially the Papal state :)

Are you playing with a mod of some kind? I am asking because that income level is very high compared to my games, especially the Papal state :)

Nope. I actually played this game without my usual personal mini-mod for some unknown reason. :)

But I know what you mean, the Papal states and Navarra seem quite extreme. Papal states is 3 province big (Rome and and two in northern black sea) and Navarra is still an OPM. Trade can bring massive income even to the AI. :)

An update on my Ottoman post, I've decided that my goal is to have an Empire stretching from Austria to India, hopefully including a sizeable portion of India.
This is my biggest and longest game yet, my only other 2 serious games being Castille and France, where colonising got boring quite quickly.
It's 1614, and after slapping the Timurids and Persians around a good deal, I've gotten a sizeable border with Baluchistan, and thus my true expansion may begin sometime between 1640-60, I'll want to get properly ahead in tech and build a very large army, as Mysore has gained control of most of the whole sub-continent.

Last edited:
I took a break from playing Sikkhim in my mod to play a game in Europe. I had to share this Empire as I have never had so many PUs running at the same time with powers so great as these...

I am Burgundy and in the order that I got them I currently have PUs with Brittany, England, Austria, Venice, Bohemia, Spain, and Scandinavia. :eek:

I can't wait to start inheriting...

EU3_MAP_BUR_1568712_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_BUR_1568712_2.jpg

An update on my Ottoman post, I've decided that my goal is to have an Empire stretching from Austria to India, hopefully including a sizeable portion of India.
This is my biggest and longest game yet, my only other 2 serious games being Castille and France, where colonising got boring quite quickly.
It's 1614, and after slapping the Timurids and Persians around a good deal, I've gotten a sizeable border with Baluchistan, and thus my true expansion may begin sometime between 1640-60, I'll want to get properly ahead in tech and build a very large army, as Mysore has gained control of most of the whole sub-continent.

The holy war casus belly goes away in 1650, and indian troops are real pushovers anyway. you can begin your slow paced advancement right away, with an empire of that size you won't run into manpower problems. Attack siege-attack siege. Rest and the indians will pounce off of you like bullets from superman's chest. (provided you are in the latin tech group.

Time is of an essence :)

Dangit, man.

Are you going to wait until after the inheritances to go for a WC, or just use your puppet armies now?

Thanks to me forcing religion on the Orthodox nations of Eastern Europe and rebuilding relations they are starting to convert their provinces to Catholic and joining the HRE, following in the lead of Spain, Scandinavia and Naples (which already have their capitals in and most of the rest). :p Hopefully the HRE will spread to Mosocw so that when I enact the last HRE reform I should get most of Europe in one go.

Spain has most of North Africa thanks to a Crusade I called and Scandinavia took out the remnants of the Ottoman Empire in a couple of wars I started. The Mameluks and their ally Ak Koyunlu had better beware as they are next... The Mameluks just beat Catholic Syria and took some provinces and as Defender of the Faith I should teach them a lesson.

Edited to add...
I could only inherit Scandinavia as all the others broke free, despite being at 200 relations with each, so I reloaded and enacted the penultimate HRE reform to turn all but Great Britain into vassals so I could inherit them instead as their capital was not in the HRE. :(

I tried looking in the files to try and find the event that fires that caused all the others to break the PU but couldn't. Anybody know it?

Last edited:
My Mighty Spanish Empire
EU3_MAP_SPA_158465_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_SPA_158465_2.jpg

TheCheeseMaster, Emperor of Americas, Ruler of Africa and Taker of Oceania.
Vassals are Morea (a random war), Ethiopia (just for Lolz) and Funj (whilst destroying mamluks).

Well, I think this counts as World Conquest! :mad:

GBWC.gif

Kazakh and Yemen are the only survivors, but they're both in a Personal Union with me. Wasn't lucky enough to inherit them in time.
There is a single uncolonized province in Africa and 2 in Asia because they were blocked off by my junior partners. Besides that I think I have everything.

It's a WC in terms that the same man rules the world. As I found a few posts above having two PUs does not mean you'd inherit both though. Load your save and use the die cheat on your monarch to find out. :)

I know :p I inherited Russia, Pskov and Golden Horde only two months before game end :p 3 out of 5 is quite lucky already, but still I was hoping to get them all.

By the way, I think your other PUs broke because your prestige went negative. I've encountered that situation myself in games with lots of PUs. Each inheritance lowers your prestige by some (dependent on relative size I guess) and if it goes below zero, the others break free.