Developer Diary | Quality of Life Improvements

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Uhm, okay so how exactly will countries now get war support? I can't really imagine this to work.

For example: Say I play any central american country, like El Salvador with 10% war support. How will I be able to get it to over 50% for war economy now? With a generic focus tree? Sorry but I can not see how this would work, or is your intention to cripple any country, that starts with low war support and doesn't have the focuses to raise it? Oh well at least until the world is already right in the middle of a conflict with 50% world tension. And even then I can only get it to 50%, not above for war economy.

What am I missing here? Is it really your intention to make generic countries unfun to play? Or am I just too daft to see how this would totally work out?

"As you will note, the base, generic war propaganda decision currently remains, but may only be used to increase war support if below 50%."

This is combination with a variety of other balance changes to war support which you'll see when the patch notes drop.

• 21Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Yeah I saw that, but unless you changed the requirements of that decision (namely world tension being at 50%) this won't help one bit.

Can you hint at one of these balance changes? I'd really like to know how this doesn't cripple generic countries.

The point of the change is that being at 100% war support from 39' to the end of the game made little sense. I do not expect countries to be able to offset all war support penalties, but you now have strategic ways to reduce the impact of said penalties. Halting enormous offensives to dig in for a bit, caring a little more about throwaway fighters, and adequately protecting convoy routes. Of course, the new decisions allow you to offset this, but the cost is there to give you an alternative, not render the mechanic irrelevant.

War support from world tension is up and offensive/defensive war penalties are changed but still in the process of being rebalanced.

On a related note, world tension is no longer gameable by massive claim fabrications, and grows over time until fabrication is complete. WT Decay has been adjusted to be on an individual source level, rather than global.

• 37Like
  • 11Love
Reactions:
I am really excited with this set of changes, esp. to war support. Is there a plan to introduce an "alternative win condition" where countries capitulate when they drop to 0% stability or war support? I am saying this because historically Germany capitulated in WW1 without losing any "core" territory and realistically, starving the UK was the only way for Germany do defeat the Allies in WW2.

Not explicitly, but you should see the surrender penalty from low war support start to kick in more now.

• 21Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I like the ideas behind the war support changes but this seems a bit odd:
War support now lowers stability, but you lose war support from taking casualties. Doesn't that mean taking casualties indirectly increases stability? (Not by much, but still)
Am I understanding that correctly?

The stability malus scales inversely, so you'd lose stability for taking a lot of casualties.

• 9Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: