• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
And my 2 bits on all of this... Maybe a lot of you have the money to buy Windows 7 at 112 bucks a machine and have shiny new machines that will run it. I live in south Georgia and folks down here have been really hard hit by this depression and we don't have the money to go buy new machines or Windows 7. In fact, I only know 2 gamers out of the 200 or so that I play with regularly who have Windows 7 or a machine with 6GB of RAM to run it, so yes, I think it is assinine of Paradox and Kerberos NOT to make a version playable on Windows XP. There are far more Win XP machines out there than there are Windows 7 machines and there is really nothing that Win7 can do that WinXP cannot. I am also a Game Designer myself and I know that it would take their team maybe a day (or 2) to make a patch that would allow it to run on DX9 and thus Windows XP. So, why wouldn't they do that and not alienate all of those Windows XP machines out there?? Just good common sense business to me.

Yes...It would be good business sense to do so if it took "a day or two", the fact that they did not do so might tell you that is not the case though. May I ask what games you have worked on?

Further, are you also a programmer? Many designers are not, and designing games really doesn't mean you know about graphics engines.

Finally, Win7 certainly does not require 6GB of RAM. Min is 1gb for 32bit and 2gb for 64.