• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I'd like to see Prussia/NGF actually try and form Germany

havent played plain Victoria II since I started with AHD, but most hands-off games since then has germany being formed.

Well yes of course. I would like there to be a good (and balanced) difference between state-owned and private factories. Could make the game more interesting, but I would like to so I can have an equal shot of doing well whether I choose to go all private, all public, or a mix. Now I say here an equal chance with all. This is just really a balancing issue to players can choose to go laissez-faire, planned economy or a mix of they want to, and there is no imba strategy. But there would have to be a difference in what they do (public and private factories that is).
But yeah I think this is a good idea and would give players more choices and options, and make the economic aspect of the game more fun and add a bit more strategy; so I hope we can get the devs to look at this? =D

well the advantage of having pops build their own factories instead of the government is that its much cheaper that way. Build cost wise its currently sitting at 150% under interventionism vs Laissez Faire, and a pop-owned factory also gets a 10% bonus to output effectiveness. Not sure if this is what you mean?

Done, and thanks!

(Sorry for going off-topic, if you'd like answer to me privately: which is by the way the best way to open the text file in the localisation folder? Because it looks like a spreadsheet to me and I guess it does not open up in an appropriate way when I use Open Office.)

open office tends to break stuff. we use notepad++ usually