• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working right now, but I'll take your word it's the real deal.

It is, I read it on the Kerberos forum before it went down again.

To be completely accurate Paradox owned this since Friday (though they likely had more information about the state of the game than they were letting on). Kerberos didn't start owning it until mid Saturday. I realize they were tired, but there was a crucial period there where the game had come out, people had seen it was crap, and they fed out a fake story about it being a "months old pre-beta" build. In retrospect it was clearly only a days or maybe even hours old build only. That bought them 10 more hours of sales while people awaited the "real" build. It was only another several hours after that that Kerberos started to come clean.

No one official ever said it was an old beta, I even posted to say it was "recent". I'm not sure who first said it was an older version, I think someone read the date off of an old file somewhere and posted about it.

BTW if anyone hasn't played SotS1 I highly reccomend taking up the Kerberos offer to tide you over in the meantime, it really is a fun game.

Last edited:
No one official was saying much of anything. That comment did come from one of the betas who was posting. At the time that was about as official a source as anyone had, particularly given how close the betas were to Kerberos. They specifically said that the build as originally released was "much worse" than even the starting condition of the beta build. They assured us that there were improvements during the beta and that the coming "real version" would be a big improvement.

Could have been on the Kerb forums I suppose, don't recall anyone saying that here, and I did post on release night about it here though (in the "this is not the release version, right?" thread). Still, if you missed it it would not have helped you at all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.