• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
- reduction of the war-justification gambit (not ranging from exorbitant infamy cost to zero based on nothing but luck- last night, i was about sooo close to ditch the game, again, just because of this. 3 times reload, everytime 9.x infamy for acquiring a state as jingo - i am just way too unlucky on average to like such an implementation - but then, on the fourth reload, i got away with zero... and i didnt do anything different - that´s just way too big a margin, way too much determined by the die-roll) - related: allow war instantly after dicovery of justification.

Some of your other points are valid, some I disagree with, but I strongly disagree with this one. If you can't afford the loss, don't take the risk, and if you're just going to reload until you get a good result you might as well just use cheat codes/events. If you just accepted the bad and good results as they came you'd find they average out, it's only because you discard the bad results and keep only the perfect rolls it seems like such a large difference.

I don't want to promise anything because you never know what could happen, but my idea is that 2.2 shouldnt take long, and focus on the main problems with some small nice stuff we have come up with. any bigger and long term stuff is for 2.3. Expect a dev diary on friday to showcase some of the stuff we have done and probably a rough release date (it will be public beta patch first before becoming proper patch the way we usually do it). Early next week isnt impossible, but its not a promise :p

Sounds good, I suppose we should start new games with the patch?

always recommended, but I dont think we have broken savegames though in any way so far.

The military score of my country (NFG) gets negative, if I build massive units and the military science is on top in 1866. How can that be? That must be fixed I think.

yeah a bug. fixed it the other day for 2.2. it happens often if you are at peace and playing on easy difficulty with some supply techs

My main concerns. If a Dark or podcat would comment on if they are handled in 2.2 I would be happy pappy:D
1. Upper house support for movements being canceled by militancy.
2. Super high colonial migration leaving core states almost empty.
3. Claimed colonies containing 90% soldier pops.

1. Yes
2. Hopefully. Not seen core states almost empty, but I do think it's high.
3. Maybe.

Aside from fixing the glaring economic balancing problems I'd rather have PI focus on fixing stuff that's still left over from old Victoria 2. While fixing the economy will prevent the Intervention CB spam, it won't fix the still ongoing Russian Wars for Northeast England. Non-core Demand State wars should not happen in Europe unless the attacker is fascist or communist. It just doesn't fit the period (this is not anything goes EU3). Mods have managed to make this a rarity, PI should be able to do this too. The second thing is fix the 1836 scenario. You're going to be rifling through the history files to fix the 1861 problems, so why not combine the two and make both scenarios a little better.

What glaring economic balance issues? And why will that affect intervention wars? Did you mean Bankruptcy?