• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I posted this in the Ryukyu thread: I really hope that with this new mechanic the AI will be smart about temporarily disengaging from coalitions when it doesn't want to expose itself to the risk of taking a trucebreaker penalty. So the same tactics could be applied, but in a more limited way (since if you're a big enough threat, a nation may stay in the coalition regardless of its truce).

there is no truce penalty breaking if a coalition is called... in a defensive war :)

Which is exactly what I am afraid of. I don't think the game will be fun for me if that happens. AI will just stick themselves into a coalition against me, and I have to fight all of them for each province.

The only way this is not going to be a clusterfuck is if I can make separate peace wiith each coalition member in order to take something from each war participant.

Sorry, if you attack a coalition, they will stick together.

You can now add provinces to the empire, if they border a seazone bordering the empire.

I don't think they're supposed to be able to, though. I think the AI is supposed to be unable to disallow the warleader to negotiate for them, just like what applies to humans.

That bug is fixed in 1.2 according to what Wiz has told me.

Johan, is there anything in the patch that adjust mechanics for the late game? Siege modifiers, AE, OE, or other factors that makes the end-game sometimes feel like a bit of a standstill?

yes. Size penalty on coring is now reduced by about 0,2% each year, down to basically 0 at 1800.

No, it doesn't work like that already. If they did that (there haven't been any announcements about it, AFAIK), then yes, the mechanic would be (mostly) free of cheese. Right now, Force Marching is cheesier than a French dairy farmer.

That exploit is plugged.