• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Hello jpinard,

Sorry for the late reply. I find your reasoning to make sense and I have brought this up with the producers. A discussion about doing this will commence, but I can't promise the result will be what you wish for (all kinds of legal mumbo jumbo and similar involved). But more info to come!

Just to let you know that I'm still on this. Not moving fast, but I'm slowly navigating my way through the bureaucracy to find the person who can decide this stuff. Software rights can be a messy thing sometimes :)

Paradox isn't that huge a company is it? Theres not too many people to ask and the CEO should know who to ask atleast, so start with him ;)
But usually the developer own the code itself, while the publisher own the name of the game and so on.

Like when Eidos and Sports Interactive "broke up". SI took their code and went to Sega, but could no longer use the Championship Manager name. So they released the same code with updates and improvements as Football Manager , and Eidos hired a new team (Beautiful games) to make the next Championship Manager from scratch.

My guess is you will need TT games' permission to release the source code, and very very few developers want their source code released. Specially if they've messed it up.
It all depends on the deal you signed with TT games. But usually the developer own the sourcecode.

You are close to the truth