• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
CK2 runs fine on Mac, and will be on Linux when Steam goes live.

Hopefully, all games EU4 and forward will be Mac & Linux compatible.

I am pretty sure Johan's post means CK2, EU4 and and all games after EU4. March of Eagles might also be ported to Linux too since it is a Clausewitz 4 game just like CK2 and EU4, but Johan's post does not say anything about it. East vs West will most likely not be ported since it is s Clausewitz 3 game.

The current game engine, which CKII and EU4 uses, is Clausewitz II. We do not have Clausewitz 3 or 4, yet :p March of the Eagles is a Clausewitz I game and I don't know what East vs West uses.

Well, a lot of the things Podcat was rightfully complaining about back then are still true - OpenGL support by hardware manufacturers is still second grade, even (especially?) for the windows drivers...

yeah there hasnt really been much improvement for development tools, so its still much more of a hassle to track down bugs on non windows platforms. So going OpenGL only makes no sense.