• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Agreed. This really isn't a game about the middle ages, this one is about the early modern era.
Some added content for the 17th and 18th centuries would be most welcome.

EDIT: Not to say that I dislike the added features from the many expansions. But it does feel like the focus has changed a bit when all the new building upgrades we got were researchable before the first third of the game comes to pass.

About the buildings:
As I've spread them out a lot more techwise in my mod I've noticed that the algorithm that creates prebuilt buildings when starting at a later date is able to handle that a lot better (i.e. there's actually some difference in development between provinces) when the tech requirements are further apart.

Yep. Getting the Ottomans on map properly should be far more important than Byzantium for a good game about the early modern age.

And in 1399 the Ottomans were already quite strong. As the game starts they had just thoroughly defeated a joint crusader army where some of Europe's finest knights participated (this event has been used as the end of the middle ages in many periodizations). They're about to be badly beaten by the Timurids, yet they managed to make a comeback in a comparatively short time afterwards.
In 1399 a byzantine comeback was already very unlikely and the Ottoman Empire was already well into it's rise to power.
A lot of things can happen in a few hundred years of course, still I feel that something is wrong with the power balance in the area given how most games turn out.