• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
The book is only available in English for now, but if it's popular enough, who knows what the future holds. :)
For the moment it is ebook only, but we are looking at print options as well. So stay tuned!

There is plenty of backstory of characters we have learned to ... love - but no direct spoilers. So no need to keep things to yourself. :)

Thank you for that review - I believe it was the first. :)
The time span of the introductory price is not nailed down just yet - but even when it goes up, it won't be by much. The normal price for most Paradox ebooks is $4.99 (one more dollar).
We're glad you liked the book - and we certainly want to make more Magicka books in the future. There are plenty of great stories to tell in the Magicka universe!

Thanks for reviewing and giving feedback =) For other people's reading pleasure, please add spoiler tags if you start commenting on specific events in the book =)

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the feedback!

I think Magicka is a great universe with endless possibilities to explore the lore further. If this books sells well enough we'll definitely make more - so please do spread the word if you enjoyed the book! :)

There are some more threads about the book on this forum (here and here), in case you'd like to read some more reactions to it. We'll try to keep the discussion in this subforum though, to make it easier to find.

So... do you think there might be another soonish? (under a year or two?)

That's certainly the plan - if enough people buy this book. :)
So, if you want to see another Magicka novel, the best thing you can do is spread the word to your friends!

Last edited:
I'd rather buy a printed book.

There is no way I am paying for a PDF file, no matter how much I want to help the authors or read the story.

Your wish is our command! :) Magicka: The Ninth Element is now available in print form, from several retailers. Have a look: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/books/magicka

(Also, I might add the electronic version isn't only a PDF - it's an ebook in epub or mobi form.)

Ouch, yeah, that's a bit steep! Are you in Brazil? I'm afraid our distribution so far is best in the US and Europe, but I sure hope it can improve in the rest of the world too. :)

It is finally here!
Finally.

Three weeks late. But it is here!

The book is great, I am just disappointed that the printed version does not have a map of Midgård as the e-book version does.
Besides that, it is great!

Happy to hear it arrived! :)

Try Amazon, we currently don't have it in our own store.