• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
If you do all things like the contenders did in the past you get an always loosing Italy and an always loosing
Germany, a forum full of complains and very unhappy customers. Remember you sell games, not history
dvd's. You have created an amazing game with an amazing AI, and then you have manipulated it
horribly to do things historically, destroying most of the potential of the game.

Have you not noticed we have historical startpoints untill now? It's kinda our thing. If you don't like historical games you might be in the wrong place.

You have historical startpoints and historical endpoints, the first is ok, the second is what people complain about.
Looks like you don't want to see it.

some of our games are more sandbox and some are less. Hearts of Iron 1-3 are games that are more restricted to history because people expect and want a world war 2 experience (also the time span is so short you need to get a lot of very detailed things right for that experience to happen). If you replaced the AIs with a "gamey" realistic AI that tried to win you would not get a WW2 experience at all because many of the decisions done historically dont make a lot of sense because they were either taken by complete nutcases, or because of limitations not in the game. There is nothing stopping you from modding the game to do this if you want, but its not the game we wanted to make when we started on HoI3.

You have historical startpoints and historical endpoints, the first is ok, the second is what people complain about.
Looks like you don't want to see it.

Except this thread is about Italy's startpoint.

And please stop spamming, if people want to use you mod they can get it from your thread.

Ok, I will stop it here as you desire.

Concerning the last part, I do not have a mod, I have suggestions about the beta LUA files that were presented for public
comments and suggestions in a thread. I originally published my comments and suggestions in that same thread and
I was forced by the Moderator Lothos to delete them and to open a new thread
somewhere else, that's the only reason why my comments are where they are in a separate thread.

in case you are wondering I am testing out your lua files, to see how they perform and might include parts of it in a future patch if works ok (too early to tell though)

If this is the case why do we control production/research/diplomacy, etc? If PI is so bent on historicity, the only thing the players should be allowed to do is shuffle units on the map; units btw, that should only become available when the great god History allows.

Perhaps if you didn't quote me so selectively you'd see I was talking about historical startpoints and not make a totally irrelevant complaint?

When I watch the AIs fight out a 1936 Italy vs. Yugoslavia, Greece, Austria, and Switzerland war, and this happens:

I have never seen ITA start a war in 1936, nor an alliance that would do that. Are you playing a mod? What version of the game is that? Still, ITA was beaten back by the greeks on their single front after 4 more years of preparation, so it's not terribly surprising they'd lose in a 4 (or 5 is ETH is still going) front war in 1936.

No thread griping about the state of Italy would be complete without complaining about the fact that the majors are hard wire programmed to never declare war on a neutral Italy no matter what it does and no matter how threatening it gets.
tslaje

This game was just vanilla FtM without any cheats. Germany had no problem as Italy absorbed Austria,
Poland and all of Scandinavia. The UK had no problem as Mussolini annexed Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

oh god. we should probably fix this loophole :D