• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Since casus belli is such a core concept to the game, Doomdark wrote a document on which different ones there is and how it works.

Attachments

• Casus Belli Desc.pdf
    32,5 KB · Views: 19.086
Wow, looks like there will be a tlot of wrs in HTTT then , which i basically dont like that much, but at least it are wars WITH a cause...can see that loan CB exploited a lot though.

Well.. what use is a cb if you can't get anything out of the war without enormous infamy?

This looks really interesting. Of course I hope that taking provinces etc. without the proper CB will give much more infamy now, otherwise the whole system will be kinda meaningless.

Most of the new CB´s look cool, especially the colonial ones

I do however think that the Discovered spy can cause many problems. While the cancelled loan and others might be exploitet by the player, he can still chose not to do so. The discovered spy however requires that the AI thinks ALOT about using spies....I hope it has become better at this.
Maybe it should be more like a certain % chance of giving a CB each time a spy is discovered? And maybe also only for certain missions? (the more powerfull ones)

Provinces taken when the CB doesn't allow it cost 4 BB each. So if you feel like "exploiting" the spy CB go right ahead, but enjoy the BB wars ;)

Since you're asking this I guess you haven't seen Brother Bean's AAR? If not go read it, it answers a lot of questions and it's a good read too.