• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid that without somesort of cast iron way to reproduce these crashes these log enteries don't help much. If you have a line of code in your log then we have something to work with.

Gaute65 said:
Is it possible to run the game in debug mode?

I spent yesterday having a debug game running and the damn thing just wouldn't crash. If I can a way to reproduce it then I can get the crash in debug and hopefully a fix can be done.

Gaute65 said:
To activate the debug mode you writes DEBUG after the exe?

No I run it thourgh Visual C++, that's why I need a way to reproduce.

Caranorn said:
I seem to be having the same error, but now it seems to be occuring on teh same date in a save game of mine.

Here is the message:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0044BC53: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000180
10/05/07 12:05:44

StackWalk(): GetLastError = 487

I've had it repeatable three times (each time October 6 1071) so far. Should I send in that save game (need an address to send it to).

And yes, I also have Norton running, will shut it down next attempt so see how that goes.

Send the save (zipped or rared) to support@paradoxplaza.com with instruction on how to reproduce

Caranorn said:
I seem to be having the same error, but now it seems to be occuring on teh same date in a save game of mine.

Here is the message:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0044BC53: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000180
10/05/07 12:05:44

StackWalk(): GetLastError = 487

I've had it repeatable three times (each time October 6 1071) so far. Should I send in that save game (need an address to send it to).

And yes, I also have Norton running, will shut it down next attempt so see how that goes.

Well I have managed to reproduce it and have shunted the saved game up the line.

Ardrigh said:
Apparently the bugs are hard to track down from just those exception errors unless it also refers to a specific line of code. The best way to report these crashes is if you are able to consistently crash a game at a certain point, to compress and e-mail the saved game with specific steps on how to reproduce the crash to support@paradoxplaza.com.

bump. still not recieved a single one that can be reproduced with the latest beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.