• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Well, before you launch into that discussion however, shouldn't you determine if indeed core 3 is better than the other cores first? I don't think we have seen any evidence that setting it to core 3 produces a noticeable difference.

Programs do not become faster by choosing core 3 specifically, what happens is that when you set thread affinity, that application will prefer(or is forced) to run on that core _only_. Forcing a single-threaded application to run on one core specifically will make it faster, since it will utilize the processor cache better by avoiding cache misses. Of course, if you pin all your applications to run on core 0, they do have to share this only core, and you will see negative performance gains.

I don't remember when we changed it, so I don't know if made it into patch 1.2, but we are setting thread affinity in the code, so by 1.3 you shouldn't need to care about this setting anymore.