• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Hi. Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry to hear that you are experiencing it. I'll post this message from a Developer, over on the Steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/218130/discussions/0/846943514214318589/
Pointdexter said:
Hi guys,

We are monitoring the connectivity issues and there are two known issues right now.
First, the Steam invite feature might not work if your UDP port 25002 is publicly visible/mapped.
Second, in certain circumstances, the number of players is incorrectly reported in the server browser, thus leading to a connection failure.
Please assert that these issues do not apply to your case. Both will be fixed in a future (soonish) patch.

Also, please head over to forum.paradoxplaza.com and post a copy of your output_log.txt file, present in your game data folder along with some info of the game like: Server or Client? OS? . It will further help us debug the problem.

Cheers,
Poindexter

Please attach your DxDiag and you game log when you have tried connecting and failed. Logs are located in your game folder inside you Steam folder. ...Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeonland Beta\dungeonland_Data\output_log.txt

Improvements are being done constantly. And as explained many times before. Small projects haven't as much resources for optimization as large titles (you can not compare the development budget for this with Diablo 3, MoW 3, Bordelands 2 etc etc) and as such the chance that certain configurations does not work as well is greater sadly.

All logs that you can provide are helpful to find out what is causing problems for people, so please continue to post your dxdiag logs and game logs in these forums. You best post them by copy pasting the text into "code" tags. You can read more about BB code here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

We are aware that there are people experiencing issues and we are working to resolve it. Thank you for your help! And I hope that the people not experiencing issues enjoy the game.

I did not mean that you would have to put up with it. You are supposed to be able to play multiplayer without problems. All I'm saying is that there are problems that are not discovered and reproduced before release because of smaller development teams.

It is not an excuse, but an explanation. People wanted a confirmation that they are not being ignored, and this is what I tried to provide. And since I did not have a "the magical fix to all problems is now applied"-message to give, I wanted to provide some insight to how things progress in this environment. And I repeat. It was not meant to be saying that we don't care about the problems. Quite the opposite rather, and I apologize if that was not clear.