• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I like my little sports car :)

Not too happy about the French Africa and divided Brazil. Those things just shouldn't happen anymore. Looks like mods still have something to fix about AHD.

who gets the majority of africa is extremely random. quite often its a german state, britain or france. Divided brazil I have honestly not seen outside this AAR. I suspect the dark influences of Ulm poisoning the minds of the british and french rulers... Still its a sandbox game and anything goes.

Sure you can argue that 'wouldn't France, Russia or the UK be pissed at Prussia for controlling Jutland, because essentially gives Prussia an important foot into controlling the sailing into the Baltic, which Russia certainly wouldn't prefer and may we remind you that in 1864, each of the three times Denmark suggested incorporation into the German Confederation, Prussia refuses on fear for the international reaction on such a step?' Sure. That makes historical sense. But maybe in this alternate history, Prussia is lead by people who either doesn't know or doesn't care.

Also, ingame Jutland has no effect on access to the Baltic, so why would the GPs care about a non-existent issue? Jutland is just a state like any other, and from the AI or the player's PoV it's an easy state to take as Prussia.

Historically there shouldn't be a war over schleswig until 1848 and that one should end in defeat for prussia. But in general the 'war of unification' cassus belli is nonsense. It should have to be manufactured/gained by event like the others.

Why?

We make a sandbox type game, modders "fix" it to be more historical. We make a historical game, modders "fix" it to be less deterministic. Not everyone likes the same level of open-ness/historic pathing and not all games are the same, so there are always people who want to mod it the other way. It's great that mods can do this, but it doesn't mean they're fixing the game, just changing it.

(Despite the quotes this is more a general reply than aimed specifically at the people I quoted)

Of course it's okay that Prussia takes Jutland - sometimes. The problem in vanilla, was that it happened every single time (unless you played Denmark and slapped Prussia around).

Because within the game mechanics it makes perfect sense, to have the AI not do it you would need to code it to make a bad choice. AUS/PRU are both stronger than DEN, they have a free CB due to Union cores, they have no infamy since the game has just started so they may as well add war goals etc.

We don't model them. It's a game, not a history simulator. Frankly the last thing we want is to make it harder for the AI to unite Germany.

notice how ai prussia didnt take jutland in the AHD live stream
smugdog.gif